Pharmacists / Senior Pharmacists - Noguchi Memorial InstituteHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research hereby invites internal applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of
The job role requires the conduct of Clinical Trials to stimulate cutting-edge research. The position is full-time with a commitment to the development and delivery of a pharmacy service for Clinical Trials involving medicinal substances (pharmaceuticals).
As part of a team, the successful candidate will be expected to provide other pharmacy services including dispensary, procurement, and clinical pharmacy services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, collaborate and provide expertise in support of clinical drug trials.
- Provide accurate and efficient dispensing of medication.
- Provide direct and functional supervision and maintain overall responsibility for pharmacy operations in assigned areas.
- Perform cross-functional duties including those of the Admixture Pharmacist.
- Develop and maintain policies and guidelines for pharmaceutical clinical trials that support and facilitate Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Act as research expertise to advise on trial design, procurement of Investigational Medicinal Product (IMP), randomization blinding and documentation for in-house Clinical Trials.
- Maintain communication with research staff, pharmacy, and Principal Investigator of Clinical Trials.
- Support grantsmanship and collaboration on other research consistent with the job classification, as required to promote linkage between research and industry.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop and review Clinical Pharmaceutical Trial proposals and liaise with Specialist Clinical Teams to assess potential ethical issues, and feasibility including Pharmacy capability and capacity to support the proposal.
- Submit all Clinical Trial Proposals to the FDA and Research and Ethics Committee.
- Ensure that all pharmacy FDA queries are resolved during the feasibility and study set-up phase.
- Support the Principal Investigator of the Clinical Trials in applying for Clinical Trial Authorization.
- Support the Principal Investigator in the maintenance of study site documentation to the standard required by the Clinical Research Organization.
- Liaise with other clinical trial centres to assure standardized practice.
- Support good clinical practice, good manufacturing practice and current national and international regulatory requirements as appropriate.
- Ensure the appropriate and timely authorization and dispensing of IMP as required.
- Provide appropriate advice to clinicians, nursing staff and patients on taking Investigational medical products as per the clinical trial protocol guidelines.
- Facilitate the training of students, clinicians, nursing staff and allied health professionals on good clinical trial conduct and practice liaising with accredited education providers where necessary.
- Attend study site meetings as required including feasibility, set up, initiation and study close out.
- Support the provision of appropriate trial participant counselling in the use of their IMP.
- Maintain a pharmacy binder which contains a study summary, protocol, dispensing procedures, completed samples of required paperwork,
dispensing checklist, billing procedures and any other relevant materials for each investigational trial.
- Maintain and coordinate distribution of an up-to-date University of Ghana clinical investigational drug trials list, as scheduled.
- Maintain temperature monitoring and cold chain of investigational drugs and vaccines.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Candidate must possess BPharm/PharmD and a Master’s degree (MSC/MPH/MPhil) in a relevant area from a recognized university.
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy Council/Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana
- At least three (3) years of relevant post-qualification experience, for a Pharmacist and at least six (6) years for a Senior Pharmacist preferably working in a research facility and possessing the requisite knowledge in clinical trials.
- Experience in conducting and managing clinical trials will be an advantage.
- Exceptional team player and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible working hours.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.