VCentre & Cloud System Admin - Vodafone GhanaIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drives us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Responsible for the Microsoft Infrastructure Platform including the physical, VCentre and Cloud systems by performing the following;
- Control of the Windows systems on a day-to-day basis
- Manage and maintain the VMware infrastructure
- Build and install computer infrastructure
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Configure the servers
- Perform System Administration
- Perform Backup & Recovery
- Provide Technical Support
- Conduct Testing and Deployment of new components
- Patch servers to fix vulnerabilities
- Ensure all servers meets the agreed cyber security baseline (CSB) requirements
- •Installation, upgrade and maintenance of all windows operating system, services and 3rd party products
- •Installs hardware and software upgrades according to established specifications.
- •Performs performance monitoring, regular back-up and ensures others comply with back-up procedures.
- •Adds and deletes users, user directories, passwords and applications as needed.
- •Executes recovery procedures according to established guidelines.
- •Schedules and/or performs maintenance on components as needed.
- •Implement security policies and administer security rules.
- •Provide system accounting reports for CPU usage, disk, IO.
- •Carry out Windows based projects from installation, implementation through to completion of project and making it a production system.
- •Implement monitoring tools.
- •Provide system documentation and operational procedure book
- •Knowledgeable of spam filtering and antivirus appliances or software and spy ware controls.
- •Assists peers with general server maintenance of other Microsoft Windows servers.
- •Administration and monitoring of Active Directory and serves as a Domain Administrator.
- •Research problems, resolves issues, provides root cause analysis, documents findings, and takes corrective action as required
- •Periodically performs system updates and other systems functions during off-peak hours, such as evenings and weekends.
- •Builds and hardens servers in accordance with established procedures and assists in security audits of the servers assigned to ensure conformance.
- •Responsible for restoring failed production servers through the disaster recovery process.
Professional / Technical Competencies
- •Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, Diploma in information systems,
- •MCITP,MCSE or related field preferred
- •4 or more years of Microsoft administration
- •4+ years’ experience with Antivirus administration and Support
- •4+ years’ experience with Virtual Servers, VMWARE, Windows Terminal Server Management and Security and Server Configuration
- •Exceptional track record in the configuration, management of Microsoft Infrastructure Platform including the physical, VCentre and Cloud systems
- •Must have working knowledge in virtualization and cloud computing
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.