Accounting Officer - Southern Valley Farms LimitedAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A reputable and fast-growing poultry farm located at Gbugblah in Ga South District, Greater Accra, off Adieso main town, require the services of a Junior staff in the role of Accounting Officer to provide all finance, administrative and accounting services for the company.
Under the supervision of the Finance Director, the Junior Officer shall be responsible for posting and processing all financial transactions and recording them in the accounting software. The Accounting Officer will use his/her expertise to help in the management of the company’s financial and operating risk and provide support in the management task.
He/she shall demonstrate the attitude of problem-solving skills and a critical mindset to ensure that all financial operational activities are done in compliance with all statutory policies and procedures and that of the company. He/she would be expected to contribute in diverse ways to ensure the growth of the company.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Daily administration of financial and accounting practices of the business
- Ensures inventory is properly booked
- Ensures farms assets are properly booked.
- Proper reconciliation of banks.
- Ensure proper processes of bills payable
- Responsible for month-end stock count
- Assist management in preparing documentation for budgeting and financial reporting procedures as well as costing controls.
- Create production of daily and periodic cost statements
- Interpret the statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of cost, budgets, and policies of operation, trends and increased profit possibilities
- Assists with the preparation of project budgets, financial tracking sheets, summaries and other financial documents.
- Assists with the preparation of financial information for the Quarterly and Annual reports as required.
- Maintains an audit-ready, well-organized filing system for financial reports and accounting documents.
- Maintains proper internal controls over the receipt, disbursement, and management of all financial resources.
- Identifies issues and risks in a timely manner and discusses proposed changes with supervisors.
- Ensures that all accounting documents such as check booklets, requisition, official receipts, stamps, and local purchase order are secure.
- Keeps confidential all financial and sensitive information.
Required Skills or Experience
- Applicants should possess a good B.Sc. or HND in Accounting.
- Applicant must possess a minimum of 1-year of working experience, preferably as a farm accountant.
- Preference will be given to Applicants residing in or around Adieso or ready to relocate to Adieso
- Individuals who have worked in a POULTRY FARM as an accountant will have an advantage.
- Appreciable knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and tax laws of Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.