Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa, a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Chef de Cuisine
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, the Chef de Cuisine’s main function is to assist the Executive Sous Chef in managing the Kitchen in order to ensure the highest standards. He/ She will Prepare and serve a range of a la carte items which meet guest’s expectations while supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Participate in the drafting of concept ideas and menus for all special events and functions while encouraging all staff to put forward their ideas and utilizing them wherever practical.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Work with Superior and Director of HR to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assist in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Approve leave after considering hotel occupancy.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Control and monitor departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Implement and practice HACCP.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc)
- Must show signs of career development
- HACCP certification
- Minimum 5 years of kitchen experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of management experience (e.g. Chef de Partie)
- International experience is preferred
- Al la carte experience is preferred
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral skills
- Additional language – beneficial
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applying a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Working in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of culinary
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business Acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open-minded
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.