Supply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Kumasi : Teaching Hospital Logistics Support Officer - Chemonics InternationalSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Kumasi 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Logistics Support Officer will specifically support the Director of Pharmacy, the Managers of the Teaching Hospital Medical Stores (THMS) and the ART/TB Clinics in: the implementation of the Ghana Integrated Logistics Management Information System (GhiLMIS), inventory management of the program commodities, gathering and analysis of logistics data to inform supply chain decisions, bi-monthly central level distribution and implementation of other national level supply chain reforms.
The officer will also be required to support client with medication refills and adherence counselling. He/She is also expected to prepare, share and report on the program commodity status situation to relevant stakeholders.
The logistics support officer will work in collaboration with the management of the Teaching Hospital Pharmacy Department, Medical Store and ART Clinic to support health commodity logistics management activities and shall report to the Director of Pharmacy and Chemonics GFLS Project Coordinator.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities (General)
- Support THMS/ART/TB Clinics to conduct monthly physical counts for program commodities
- Support THMS to prepare and submit accurate and timely inventory and stock status reports with key recommendations to Pharmacy Management and central offices for timely decision-making and conduct follow-up with central-level authorities
- Provide general technical logistics management support to the THMS; prepare and implement action plans to address identified supply chain management issues.
- Maintain and regularly update a database of health commodities logistics data such as worksheets, historic issues data at the THMS, consumption data and data on receipts from the IHS warehouse and CMS and other sources, and any other relevant data needed for decision making.
- Participate in monitoring the implementation of specific inventions by MOH/GHS Health Programs, USAID GHSC-PSM and other IPs including activities aimed at improving logistics management practices in the facility.
- Participate in forecasting, quantification and procurement planning of health commodities
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmaceutical Science, Health or Supply chain or business-related discipline.
- Understands Ghana Public Health Value Chain
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in supply chain management including experience with, order management, inventory management, warehousing/storage and product distribution.
- Data analysis, reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead meetings.
- Resourcefulness and a desire to help others.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
- Must be able to learn and support new and fast-changing technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must have a good command of the English language
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Komfo Anokye, Kumasi with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Location: Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.