Jobs In Tema 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
GrowthAid is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization limited by a guarantee. Our vision is of a world where everyone has adequate access to safe water and sanitation and where no one dies from preventable diseases. GrowthAid works in collaboration with like-minded organizations
to reach poor and marginalized people with safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene services.
We hold our values of accountability, integrity, transparency, and respect dearly and demonstrate these in what we do and how we work.
General Role Summary
The Project Officer is responsible for all actions in the project’s environment. He/she shall plan and coordinate the delivery of all actions across the project space to ensure timely implementation and efficient use of resources.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Planning and managing the delivery of water, sanitation, and hygiene services in project spaces allocated to them and be responsible for the outcomes.
- As part of the task above, prepare a consolidated work plan for water, sanitation, hygiene and NTD response services as a planning and management tool for all to use.
- Identifying and attracting skills required to implement the work plans for the year. These include, but not be limited to, specialized training in the areas of water, hygiene, and sanitation services delivery. Clear examples here are WATSAN training, training on sanitation delivery approaches, etc.
- Budget management: Where applicable, the PO shall assume the responsibility of ensuring that project budgets are prepared and managed effectively in their project areas. As part of this too, the PO shall be responsible for preparing activity ToRs (including budgets) for approval and subsequent implementation.
- Field management of project teams whilst they are on the field; This relates to the delivery of specific project activities and not performance-related. If people management issues arise, they should be referred to the line managers of the concerned staff.
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting; The PO is responsible for ongoing monitoring of the project and to report on the same routinely (monthly, 6 monthly and annually).and at weekly planning meetings as necessary. This includes the identification and documentation of human-interest stories and documentaries in close collaboration with the Communication and Visibility Officer and other technical staff as necessary.
- Be the liaison between the assigned district, communities, and organization. Nothing must happen in the district/communities without the knowledge of the PO. The PO must be up to-date with respect to what happens in the target communities and report challenges to his/her Line Manager for redress.
- Lead in the identification of successor projects (communities, schools and health care facilities) in the district and contribute to the design of new business. The continuity of this role depends on the successful design and award of a new project.
- Actively participate in the organization’s business development activities
- Any other duties as may be assigned to them by the Executive Director or Line Manager.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organisations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time learning activities that benefit GrowthAid as well as themselves.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- A first degree in Planning, Public Health or any Social Science discipline.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in WASH Project.
- Membership in a professional body is an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Honesty and integrity are desired attributes in this role.
- Ability to speak at least two Ghanaian languages
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
All interested applicants that meet the specifications of the various position should submit an application letter and a current curriculum vitae (CV) to:
Please indicate the position in the subject.
Closing Date: 10 July 2022
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.