Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego Corporation in Ghana has been providing technical support to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service for the past 40 years in a variety of technical areas including cervical cancer treatment and prevention, community health, HIV and AIDS, maternal and newborn health, health workforce capacity development (both pre-service and in-service), family planning, malaria, and IPC/WASH.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RISE is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and USAID—that works with countries to achieve a shared vision of attaining and maintaining epidemic control, with stronger local partners capable of managing and achieving results through sustainable, self-reliant and resilient health systems.
The project is led by Jhpiego with the following partners: ICAP at Columbia University, Management Sciences for Health, Anova, BAO Systems, Johns Hopkins University Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, and Mann Global Health.
With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), RISE is working in selected countries, including Ghana, to address the COVID-19 pandemic. In line with the ministry of health's priorities, the project is planning to rollout national vaccination plans, including ensuring health care workers are prepared to implement and monitor this plan; providing focused and clinically relevant capacity building for clinicians providing COVID-19 case management.
We are currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the following positions: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant
- Duration: 6 months
- Job Locations: Greater Accra, Ashanti, Eastern, Central, Volta, Bono, and Bono East Regions
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will provide support to COVID-19 Vaccination teams including support for data collection, data entry, information management and reporting, and research and evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops systems for monitoring COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Provides technical assistance to health facilities in the application of COVID-19 Vaccination tools, aggregating and reporting.
- Oversees data entry into COVID-19 Vaccination database (DHIS2), conduct data cleaning exercises, and conduct analysis on the dataset.
- Maintains the COVID-19 Vaccination database, creating backups and export files.
- Prepares COVID-19 Vaccination data for program use, including preparing reports or presentations, giving feedback, overseeing data management, and other support to the data management process as needed.
- Provides technical input into program evaluation or research projects and oversee implementation.
- Oversee data entry into APR, SAPR and JRISE for the COVID-19 Vaccination programs
- Generates and contributes to quarterly or other reports for COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- Coordinates research activities with the Ministry of Health.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Demography or any relevant qualification is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven leadership skills and expertise in management and coordination of health programs and program staff.
- Knowledge of Government of Ghana health systems structure, interventions and priorities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the management and coordination of a donor-funded initiative.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent computer skills (Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, E-mail).
- Experience working on DHIS2 is an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel across the regions.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.