Jobs In Bolgatanga 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We, Jhpiego are currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the following position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Officer
- Duration of Contract: May 1, 2022 – 30 September, with possible extension to 31 May 2023
- Job Location: Bolgatanga
- Position Reports to MER Officer
- Positions Supervised: N/A
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work closely with the MCGL project team members, project staff and other relevant stakeholders and development partners to support high-quality project monitoring and evaluation activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with multi-partner program teams to implement monitoring strategies and action plans to ensure continued monitoring of program achievement against targets
- Support teams to implement appropriate systems and tools to conduct monitoring activities
- In collaboration with program staff and counterparts, support implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research strategies and framework
- Ensure data collection and evaluation tools are implemented with fidelity and consistency
- Lead data review meetings and cultivate a culture of data use
- Implement adaptive management strategies internally within the project and externally
- Implement data quality improvement protocol, systems and tools as required by the project
- Support in building capacity of health workers on data quality, data utilization and data management
- Support the implementation of data management systems for each project with clear tools, processes and roles and responsibilities
- Lead all assessments including mixed methods baseline and endline assessments
- Ensure adherence to IRB and ethics guidance in all evaluation and research
- Lead analysis of data (e.g. routine data, evaluation results or learning activities) and regular review process against indicators and performance monitoring plan
- Contribute to program reporting and related documentation needs for assigned technical areas
- Implement MERL related activities in the workplan focused on data quality, data use and adaptive management strategies
- Establish project database for reporting of all data
- Report data on time to donor and MCGL global project
- Other duties as assigned contribute to the realization of the program deliverables.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or other advanced degree preferred) in public health, health informatics, operational research, epidemiology, statistics or related social science, with at least five years of applied skills in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities, particularly in the Northern Zones of Ghana
- Previous experience in assessment and support to strategic information/HMIS(DHIMS2)
- Previous experience providing MERL expertise on donor-funded programs is advantageous
- Familiarity with Ghana health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government-level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Familiarity with USAID projects
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Familiarity with foundational quality improvement practices
- Demonstrated ability in improving data quality and data use
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Strong abilities in coaching and mentoring on data quality and data use for decision making Demonstrated ability in adaptive management strategies such as a lesson learnt plus, data review meetings, most significant change, pause poll etc.
- Excellent writing and communications skills including analytical skills and experience to identify, evaluate and document best practices and lessons learnt
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible and dependable
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to implementation districts, regions and health facilities
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.