Supply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Accra : Travel and Transport Supervisor - Newmont Mining CorporationSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To coordinate and deliver the hospitality and transport management which includes hotel accommodation, domestic and international travels, shuttle services, transportation services, driver management and scheduling as well as vehicle maintenance.
- To guarantee all activities occur in a timeous manner in order to reduce costs and time spent on managing and coordinating these activities.
In This Role You Will:
Accommodation, Travel and Transport Management
- Manage all domestic and international travel arrangements for internal and external customers as well as for contractors, consultants and visitors.
- Oversee protocol services – pick-up scheduling, driver services, shuttle services, vehicle maintenance and scheduling.
- Prepare an international flight schedule for distribution to all key stakeholders.
- Coordinate pre-travel vaccinations for all travellers in a timely manner.
- Oversee hotel accommodation bookings for all travellers and ensure complaints and enquiries are properly handled and communicated appropriately.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Identify, manage and audit partner hotels.
- Provide guidance on Travel, Entertainment and Business Expense Standards on all travel, and negotiate best rate with accredited international travel agents when necessary, to ensure the best rates are achieved for Newmont.
- Ensure maintenance of Newmont’s fleet of vehicles to the standards of safety, cleanliness in alignment with company and legal regulations to promote the company’s image, minimise vehicle breakdowns, and maximise passenger safety.
- Lead in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) that will promote efficient approach to performing various tasks.
- Report all accidents and incidents, damages and breakdowns, safety and environmental hazards and complaints to the Site Services Manager in a timely manner.
- Oversee the effective management of third-party driver management services to ensure contractor adheres to Newmont’s safety procedures.
- Ensure that pool vehicles are utilised in an effective and efficient manner for travel within and outside the mine sites.
- Liaise with agents and various airlines for booking, cancellation, change of dates, rebooking and reconfirmation of flights.
Information Management and Management Reporting
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, standard operating procedures and other documents that are appropriate to the workplace.
- Ensure monthly fuel usage report is submitted to the Finance department for reallocation.
- Provide Site Services Manager with timely and requisite advice on which booking to confirm in order to save cost.
- Collaborate with supply chain and corporate office in travel agent contract selection process and make recommendations.
- Prepare quarterly team reports for Business Review meetings for the Site Services Manager.
- Verify travel invoices for accuracy before approval for payment.
- Handle employees’ complaints in a timely, accurate and courteous fashion.
- Assist in annual budgeting and monthly cost review processes.
- Continuously identify improvement areas.
- Manage courier service activities.
- Manage Accra office supplies including stationary, beverage and consumables, and ensure adequate levels of stocks at all times.
- Maintain accurate record keeping at all times.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Review all service invoices for authorisation and payment.
- Manage performance management tracking and appraisal of all direct reports including all third-party contractor employees.
- Ensure that the transportation team provides excellent internal and external customer service.
- Train, evaluate and manage staff development to guarantee that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to perform job responsibilities.
- Supervise drivers’ work performance with a particular focus on adherence to safety and security standards.
- Supervise protocol services to ensure that guests are picked to and from the Airport to their respective destinations and ensure that missing luggage’s are retrieved from the airport promptly per client’s demands.
Claims and Investigations
- Conduct periodic inspections of the Newmont fleet of vehicles to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Investigate motor vehicle accidents, negotiate settlements, collect damages, and authorise repairs to Newmont Ghana fleet of vehicles.
- Lodge insurance claims in the event of motor vehicle accidents.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- First degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Transport and Logistics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of travel and transport services and industries.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in support services operation in a large organisation or in the hospitality industry.
- Strong experience in office management, travel and logistics in a large organisation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Advance administrative and accounting skills.
- Advance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Visio.
- Advance planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Service and relationship management skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.