Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as ENGINEERING MANAGER – ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Engineering Manager – Electrical & instrumentation role holder will be accountable for developing and managing electrical & instrumentation systems on the mine – surface, underground and processing plant.
The role holder will develop plans that will include continuous improvement of power per unit product by studying operational plans; develop 3-year energy consumption forecast for the mine up to LOM, studying existing conditions; determining needs to accomplish operational plans; mapping solutions; updating and modifying requirements and solutions; preparing cost estimates and budgets, identifying trends and determining system improvements and implementing change.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Review and define the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Develop and set the Electrical & instrumentation Safety Management Plan for the mine in consultation with the Safety Manager
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Issue environmental-related instruction to employees at the workplace.
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilise ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
- Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within the sphere of influence.
- Provide subject matter inputs and describe requirements when Establishing the Processing Plant and Surface and Underground Mine Infrastructure Electrical & instrumentation teams required to support the respective role holders in executing the project and operational requirements.
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Set and communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance.
- Create and provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance.
- Define standards for all electrical & instrumentation designs for surface processing plant, surface infrastructure and underground activities
- Establish the Power System Analysis Software for the mine and operationalise it
- Provide electrical & instrumentation interface management with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Define electrical & instrumentation requirements of continuous improvement to the Manager Planning to develop maintenance planning and management outcomes that include continuous improvement and QA/QC.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Develop an energy management system and drive energy efficiency initiatives for the mine.
- Define and set the systems for the Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering department to be able to provide input allowing effective quality planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Set the standards so that electrical & instrumentation work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
- Define sub-standard work practices and indicate the action to be taken to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Prepare the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy.
- Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved, and budget is revised.
- Identify, compile, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage the department in line with the operational budget.
- Design strategy and processes to maintain the optimise electrical & instrumentation operation of the processing facility and infrastructure during refurbishment moving to operate within the approved project schedule, achieving monitoring of all critical intermediate milestones.
- Design the reporting structure to permit comprehensive recognition in a timely manner of all current and potential risks to the electrical & instrumentation infrastructure during Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities, utilising the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and setting strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks.
- Develop an asset management strategy for electrical & instrumentation aspects in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in providing information for decision-making processes.
- Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review and approve appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
- Maintain a regular SAP asset maintenance management system operational readiness interface and hand over meeting.
- Participate in formal cost and schedule reviews to support accurate and timely reporting.
- Participate in internal and external construction audits as required.
- Develop an Electrical & instrumentation Audit plan for the mine
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes to all engineering, refurbishment and construction activities undertaken and analysed in relation to the Electrical & instrumentation System and Supply on the mine.
- Provide timely information with respect to progress against the plan (timeliness, cost and quality considerations), detailing variances with reasons for variances; activities planned to recover, and actions required to prevent recurrence of notified variances.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong management and leadership skills will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management competencies through work experience and courses.
- An experienced Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer with 10+ years’ experience in the continuous improvement, asset management, reliability and condition monitoring of electrical & instrumentation machinery and infrastructure in the processing plant and mine environments.
- Experience in Energy Management
- Experience in Management and QA/QC on contractor work
- Experience in Power Systems and related Software Analysis
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in Power Supply Purchase & Transmission Agreements and stakeholder management with power regulatory authorities in Ghana will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Proven competencies in electrical & instrumentation economy improvement in metal processing and mine environment
- A recognized authority on improving electrical & instrumentation power consumption while reducing unit usage
- Strong QC/QA competencies
- Strong maintenance competencies in fixed plants
- Sound project management skills
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and writing
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs.
- Model work behaviours for subordinates.
- Consistent with the Company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.