Engineering Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region : Heavy Mobile Equipment and Plant Operator - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- To operate the underground mine infrastructure plant and mobile equipment with the aim of delivering optimum mine productivity whilst maintaining the highest standards regarding safety, efficiency and good housekeeping.
In This Role You Will:
Underground Mine Infrastructure General Duties
- Operate the mine dewatering system, mobile equipment and other underground mine infrastructure to ensure they are working safely and efficiently to meet the needs of the business.
- Operate mobile equipment for waste pass operation, ore loading and spreading at stockpile areas and removal of mine dewatering system waste.
- Ensure adherence to operating parameters, follow instructions from the supervisor and make the required decisions on operating conditions/parameters and take necessary corrective action to minimize operational variations.
- Report sectional deviations to the supervisor for corrective actions to be put in place; requirement for spares, materials and consumables and assist with maintaining such items in an orderly manner.
- Coordinate production shutdowns and start-ups of the underground mine infrastructure to minimize delays.
- Maintain a high housekeeping standard in the areas of underground mine infrastructure.
- Provide input into daily operational issues regarding areas affected to the operations supervisor/General Foreman.
- Operate Loader machinery according to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Sewage Treatment Plant (STP).
- Operate both the CAT992K and CAT992G safety and competent.
- Conduct post-shift inspections regarding hazards and defects identified and communicate to Control room/Supervisor and the incoming operators for the smooth running of operations.
- Monitor the condition of loader ground Engaging Tools and report any deficiencies.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the underground mine operation.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of procedural and operational projects and changes within the underground mine infrastructure areas by following the change management procedure.
- Complete all tasks identified in the underground mine infrastructure operations MOS elements to the specified quality and timeliness as assigned to this role.
- Provide input into the development and review of the underground mine infrastructure operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), management plans and operating procedures and guidelines.
- Work in conjunction with the maintenance and planning teams to assist with the efficient planning and execution of maintenance activities and plant shutdowns.
- Ensure the proper use and storage of mobile equipment.
- Perform other tasks or duties within the individual’s skill set as directed by the Supervisor, General foreman or senior mine officials.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Underground Mine Infrastructure Operations
- Act in the position of operations supervisor as and when required to do so to provide consistent and continuous plant operation.
- Oversee the plant operation during each shift and monitor results and quality at each operation stage.
- Conduct plant and equipment inspections as required.
- Provide hands-on assistance during operational and maintenance activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Provide on-the-job training as required.
- Participate in training programs as required.
Follow shift and team instructions and safe work practices and conduct workplace inspections on a regular basis.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Conform to all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System.
- Accept responsibility for one’s own health and safety.
- Provide recommendations to ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Ensure the isolation / de-isolation of the underground mine infrastructure equipment.
- Attend and participate in periodic safety meetings, inspections and audits.
- Adhere to all security procedures to minimize the opportunities for theft of material or company property.
- Support and conduct risk assessments for tasks and provide advice for operational safety.
- Actively promote safety in the workplace both within and external to the operations team.
Reporting and Communication
- Participate in shift handover meetings with the relevant shift/crew and transfer applicable information.
- Communicate job requirements and work standards to the maintenance and operations team members.
- Prepare shift production and operating reports, complete work requests, and prepare employee time sheets and attendance reports.
- Complete reports accurately detailing production variances, restrictions, hazards, maintenance requirements and corrective actions.
- Produce a daily shift report and submit the report to the operations supervisor.
- Liaise with the compilation of incident / accident reports, where required.
- Enhance communication through regular feedback, contact, meetings, and briefings, etc.
Plant and Equipment Maintenance
- Ensure operations and maintenance personnel with troubleshooting plant and equipment defects/malfunctions.
- Perform equipment isolations if authorized, as and when required to do so in accordance to established procedures.
- Work with the operations and maintenance teams to achieve efficient plant and equipment performance and availability.
- Work with operations and maintenance personnel to efficiently rectify plant and equipment breakdowns.
- Liaise with the maintenance personnel in the performance of maintenance activities as and when required.
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A trade qualification in a Mining Operation, Mechanical, Electrical or related field is highly desirable.
- Completion of WASSCE or equivalent is essential.
- A valid Ghanaian driver’s license to operate earth moving machinery is essential.
- MINCOM certification for front end loader is added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience with the operation of industrial process equipment is essential.
- Experience operating mobile earth moving machinery is essential with code E vehicle in a mining environment.
- Experience in metalliferous mining is highly desirable.
- Previous process operating experience, particularly with crushing plants is highly desirable.
- Proactive and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess Mincom certification of operator equipment.
- Information monitoring and management skills.
- Possess good planning and organizing skills.
- Possess good time management and task prioritization skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Safety conscious.
- Takes initiative.
- Neat, tidy, and well organized.
- Results orientated.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Follow through on tasks.
- Team player.
- Be able to work to deadlines.
- Flexible in the approach to work.
- Deliver work to a high standard of quality.
- Position is located at the Ahafo South Underground.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: while performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in a confined space and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work Environment: the employee is required to operate in safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful/dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels and to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
- The incumbent occasionally must work overtime.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.