Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. CARE in West Africa is seeking an IT Lead Infrastructure Operations to be based in one of our 8 locations in West Africa. Are you passionate about IT? Skilled at coordinating and anticipating? Do you have a focused attention on follow up? Are you self-motivated and capable of working independently?
This might be the job for you!
The IT Lead, Infrastructure Operations - West & North Africa is a key position in the region, leading the execution of IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, service delivery, standards and procedures for the enterprise. This role works with both regional management and country office IT staff to implement, monitor, and maintain core network services, and helps plan future IT investments to support changing business needs.
The IT Lead Infrastructure Operations we seek will bring passion and initiative to her/his role and contribute to the achievement of CARE’s vision, mission and strategic goals for CARE West Africa.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We offer an inclusive and energetic work environment with opportunities to thrive and grow through initiative and participation in our local, regional and international networks. We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
The successful candidate must be a good communicator, capable of developing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with staff at the regional management level, as well as staff at all levels in CARE West Africa Country Offices. Fluency in both written and spoken French and English is a requirement for this position.
Key Roles and Responsibilities are:
- Regional Infrastructure Operations Management and Leadership
- Oversight and support of technical operations
- Network and System Security
- Vendor Management
Required Skills or Experience
- Solid knowledge of CompTIA Network+ Certification or similar.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 apps and environment
- Proven experience with security device installations, configuration and troubleshooting (e. g., firewall, UTM, IDS, etc.)
- Experience with VSAT technologies.
- Experience with public cloud providers and services.
- Experience in network management and remote help desk support
- Prior experience in an international organization a plus
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong client-centred communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and French is a strong requirement for the position
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities and attention to details
- Ability to keep abreast with IT sector developments and apply learning to improve systems and operations
- Willingness and ability to take initiative and translate ideas into action
- Strong sense of integrity and commitment to excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least 5+years working experience in an IT environment.
- 3+ years of experience in hands-on systems or networking support roles.
- 2+ years as a team lead or manager for network or systems engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to
with focus on your competencies and interests – please do include links to your blog, Instagram, LinkedIn and other pages. Kindly indicate “IT Lead, Infrastructure Operations Application” in the subject line.
- Submission deadline is Monday, 15 March 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CARE has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption. We DO NOT collect fees or request financial information from job applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked for payment or experience any irregularities during this process, please report your concerns anonymously via https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100612/index.html.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.