Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant post in the Parliamentary Service of Ghana as DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
The Director of Development shall ensure the provision of effective and efficient housekeeping services and maintenance Service. The Director has responsibility for the residential accommodation of members and Staff of Parliament, maintenance of all the facilities including fittings and fixtures as well as initiation and development of parliamentary projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Development shall:
- Advise the Clerk to Parliament on short, medium and long term development plans and programmes to develop facilities in Parliament
- Plan, budget and ensure satisfactory provision of essential services. Utilities, office allocatioh and sanitation.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the Department, assign responsibilities to Estates, Maintenance and Project offices to stall.
- Advise the Clerk to Parliament in respect Entity Tender Board procurement of services from contractor, consultant, equip ment, rental facilities, etc.
- Be responsible for all office and residential accommodation of parliament, maintenance of all building, facilities and other
- Liaise with AESL and other accredited professional bodies to fashion out guidelines to monitor, access and determine appropriate work schemes and cost of Parliaments projects.
- Liaise with appointed consultants and contractors to ensure that works for which they are appointed are executed, subsequently ensure the certification of all such works done and advise on payment.
- Manage and advise on all parliamentary building and constructional projects.
- Provide overall supervision over maintenance of all facilities including postal, telephone, furniture, electrical fittings and horticultural services.
- Conduct comparative cost analysis to determine whether or not to outsource any of the Departments basic services such as plumbing, etc.
- Master's Degree in Architectural Design, Civil Engineering„ Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering or any related discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 10 years working experience, five (5) of which must be at managerial level
- The candidate must be a member of an accredited professional institution e.g. Institute of architects.
- The Candidate must have an appreciable management experience and excellent people management skills.
- The candidate must have excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
Salary: Attractive with fringe benefits
How To Apply
Interested applicants may submit soft copies of applications together with their curriculum vitae, copies of educational and national service certificates to
Applicants are also required to submit hard copies of application and curriculum vitae to : -
THE DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
PARLIAMENT OF GHANA
The closing date for the submission of applications is 2nd January, 2021. Please indicate e-mail address, telephone and or fax numbers to facilitate ease of contact.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.