Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Accra : Sustainable Livelihoods Specialist - DevWorks InternationalAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
DevWorks International (DevWorks) is recruiting for a full time Sustainable Livelihoods Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA). The purpose of GFRA is to prevent the collapse of the small pelagic fishery sector in Ghana while improving supplemental livelihoods, resilience, and food security. The activity will seek to improve supplemental livelihoods and resilience measures for fishing communities, particularly for women and youth; facilitate private sector engagement and market linkages in the fisheries sector; strengthen government capacity in policy-making, regulation, and enforcement; strengthen improved science and research, including data for policy and management decisions; and empower key stakeholders to affect change. This is a 5-year project with an anticipated award size of $19.5 million.
The Sustainable Livelihoods Specialist will provide technical leadership for interventions to promote diversified, viable livelihoods for fisherfolk to reduce vulnerability of fishing households to shocks and reduce pressure on fish stocks. The Sustainable Livelihoods specialist will promote supplementary livelihoods for fisherfolk and alternative livelihoods for youth in fishing households. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with fishing communities and relevant stakeholders to identify and pilot viable supplementary and/or alternative livelihoods options in selected districts along the coast.
- Identifying market skills needs among youth and facilitating training or connecting youth with appropriate technical and vocational programs.
- Facilitating capacity building of fishing households in business management, entrepreneurship, financial management, marketing, and other topics as identified.
- Collaborating with financial institutions to develop financial products for entrepreneurs and facilitating capacity building for VSLAs.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Start date: Contingent upon award, anticipated August 2021
Required Skills or Experience
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience designing and implementing training programs and interventions related to entrepreneurship and business management skills; prior experience working with fishers and fish processors is appreciated.
- In-depth understanding of livelihoods options in coastal areas of Ghana.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with youth (ages 15-35) to develop their skills for entrepreneurship and employment opportunities.
- Experience working on donor-funded international development projects of similar scope, complexity, and size; experience with USAID-funded projects is desirable.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public policy, international development, or a related field.
- Fluency in English.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to
with “GFRA Sustainable Livelihoods Specialist” in the subject line.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.