Jobs In Ghana 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Senior Capacity Development (CD) Officer, ECAD1, at the African Development Bank will play an active role in the day-to-day delivery of the Department’s mandate, ensure that high quality standards are observed, and collaborate with the staff of the Bank’s other departments and outside partners to promote capacity development in Africa.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, Program Development (ECAD1), the Senior Capacity Development officer will:
- Develop programs, strategies and concept notes for capacity development for Regional Member countries.
- Undertake research on capacity development needs of the public, private and non-governmental institutions in Africa on any topic relevant for achieving the Bank’s High 5s.
- Design innovative programs to improve the quality of capacity development in Africa.
- Manage the delivery of capacity development activities such as workshops, seminars, conferences, and roundtable meetings at the Bank’s headquarters and in the Bank’s Regional Member Countries.
- Actively engage in resource mobilization for capacity development activities.
- Prepare briefs, information notes, and news articles on the activities of the Division.
- Undertake evaluation of the effectiveness of capacity development and other development activities of the Division.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Hold at least a Ph.D in Economics, Public Policy, Finance or in a related field.
- Extensive experience in teaching, research or in operations with proven competence and ability to develop concept notes, design training programs and deliver lectures in one of the following fields: (i) Macroeconomics/Economic Management; (ii) Financial Sector Development; (iii) Fiscal Affairs (including revenue generation and debt management); and (iv) Fiduciary Affairs of a Project Implementation Unit (Procurement, Disbursement or Financial Management).
- Have a minimum of five (05) years of relevant and progressive work experience. Experience in writing notes, reports and briefs and ability to handle knowledge dissemination.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills with a passion for figures and a mastery of the use of relevant software to prepare pictorials, charts and graphs.
- Sound knowledge and good understanding of capacity development needs in Africa at national levels and also at the level of project implementation units.
- Proficiency in writing proposals for resource mobilization.
- Capacity to conceptualize new approaches and innovation in capacity development and to develop user friendly training materials.
- Ability to interpret policies, guidelines and procedures and draw personal judgment.
- bility to think strategically and link the goals of the Division and Department to the Bank’s core strategic goals, and set priorities accordingly.
- A demonstrated team player with strong communication, problem solving, self-organization and time management skills.
- A client and results-oriented individual with a proactive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (attach a sample of own writings) in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Things You May Like:
Things You May Like:
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: