Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Community Development Officer will and development in the assist implementation of community development (social investment-Agri-based) strategy in
host communities aimed at improving the wellbeing of communities and improving the social license to operate by the mine
- Assessment and recommendation of viable and feasible economic development interventions.
- Development of economic development (Agri-based) strategy and plans for implementation.
- Support implementation of planned interventions in communities.
- Support creation of market linkages for various economic development initiatives.
- Build capacity of communities in assessing micro -credit from financial institutions.
- Develop resilient cooperatives societies in/around local economic development initiatives.
- Manage data on beneficiaries to monitor progress towards achievement of planned objectives.
- Develop safe working procedures and continually update Standard Operation Procedures for implementation.
- Ensure beneficiaries operate/undertake work in a safe and emcient manner.
- Oversee public consultation and stakeholder engagement activities and planning related to local economic development initiatives.
- Monitor and Report on progress of interventions.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Agriculture Science
- A degree in project management will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of local economic development initiatives in mining communities.
- Demonstrable experience of managing social and community development compliance issues.
- Experience in Participatory Learning Appraisal and Participatory Rapid/Rural Appraisal methodologies for community mobilisation.
Recommended For You:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualified persons are required to send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked 'OFFICER — COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT' in the subject line
of the email to:
Deadline for the submission of applications: September 16, 2019.
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No drop-ins will be accepted.
AAIL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.