Sous Chef - Reputable 3 Star HotelHospitalilty/Food Service Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Eastern Region 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A three (3) star hotel located in the Eastern Region requires the services of a SOUS CHEF
- Prepare and assist in food preparation in collaboration with the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Assist in menu planning, inventory and management of supplies.
- Ensure food preparation, presentation and dishing are of the highest quality and are prepared to serve promptly.
- Ensures quality food and good kitchen standards are maintained.
- Comply with all food portion sizes, quality standards, departmental rules, policies and procedures.
- Ensure safety standards in the hot kitchen are maintained.
- Utilize kitchen equipment such as knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, grills, ovens, etc. to prepare food items.
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and by proper guidelines.
- Keep workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follow and uphold all hygienic and sanitation standards of the Hotel kitchen.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Kitchen Supervisor from time to time.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum work experience of five (5) years in a Hotel kitchen.
- Must know various cooking methods, ingredients and procedures.
- Must know industry best practices in food preparation and presentation.
- Must know different kinds of cuisines.
- Must be able to coordinate with the food service team of the Food & Beverage department as well as other sections linked to the kitchen.
- Must have a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Must have excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work on varied hours/days, including weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Working knowledge in various computer software e.g. POS.
- Must have at least a Diploma in Hotel Catering and institutional Management or its equivalent from a recognized University or any accredited institution in Ghana.
- Having culinary training will be an advantage.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.