Senior IT Officer - Global CommunitiesIT Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Global Communities is a development organization serving more than 20 million people worldwide each year. The organization’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them improve their social, economic, and environmental conditions
- Reports To: Director of Finance and Administration
- Preferred Start/Reporting Date: 4th December 2023
Global Communities is recruiting for a Senior IT Officer, for the 5-year USAID funded Enhancing WASH (En-WASH) Activity project. This project aims at making improved water supply and sanitation accessible to Ghanaians in the project Regions while promoting the knowledge, attitudes and behaviors needed to make this intervention sustainable. En-WASH will focus on targeted districts in the Northern, Upper West, Upper East, North-East, Savannah, and Oti Regions.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced professional to fill the position of Senior IT Officer.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior IT Officer provides technical support for the administrative and program staff in all that pertains to internet/intranet and communication technology devices used in the office. S/he identifies and resolves technical problems, analyzes systems’ requirements and assist in defining organization’s scope, requirements, and deliverables. Field trips may be required from time to time to regional EnWASH project offices.
The main duties of the Senior IT Officer are:
- Implementing and administering technologies and processes that ensure the reliability, efficiency, and availability of the production environment by doing the following:
- Maximize system utilization and ensure sufficient capacity.
- Administer system backups while ensuring data availability and recoverability.
- Conduct performance reviews on platforms and implement tuning changes.
- Administer and oversee the operating systems, database, network software and interfaces.
- Initiate and maintain systems, network and storage management.
- Analyze network and recommend upgrades/changes.
- Conduct a root cause analysis of the system issues in order to look for permanent solutions to prevent recurrence of the problem(s).
- Assess the organization's current and future network needs.
- Run periodic/regular diagnostic tests to ensure systems are operating efficiently.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration.
- Ensuring consistent quality of services is provided to customers by taking the steps outlined below:
- Receive and respond to support requests; document incidents, interaction, and solution within Service Desk application; communicate status of problems to customers.
- Monitor and manage group and individual queues and distribute Service Desk tickets.
- Troubleshoot any issue that arises in the computer systems and brought up by the staff.
- Provide technical support to the users at all times.
- Following IT operational procedures as outlined in Global Communities Field IT Operations Guide.
- Installing and maintaining client hardware, software, and peripherals; maintaining hardware and software inventory; collaborating with Headquarters IT Services to ensure efficient operation of computing environment; reviewing and recommending appropriate maintenance strategies to ensure uninterrupted systems usage.
- Supporting program start-up through the provision of IT relevant assistance for new/current programs, if/as required by the Supervisor.
- Managing and monitoring technology vendors and consultants to ensure contracted quality of services is being provided.
- Providing support/guidance on the maintenance, repair, and procurement of hardware and software devices for the office.
- Providing staff with basic training on the use of any new software or technology device adopted by the office.
- Conducting IT orientation for newly hired program staff.
- Providing general support for ICT4D related program and project activities, as required.
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties on the projects. Global Communities reserves the right to change and update this position description at any time.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Good knowledge of servers and emerging technologies (e.g., cloud computing, AI, Mobile devices, etc)
- Commitment to respond promptly to the IT needs of the office.
- Proven experience in networking, active directory, computer hardware and software
- Experience working with ticket management systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness and availability to travel to any of the En-WASH project districts at short notice
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Information technology or related degree and four years relevant working experience in Information Technology/related course and five years relevant working experience.
- At least three years’ hands-on experience administrating Microsoft Active Directory domain infrastructure, networking, backup and server management.
- Certification from a recognized ICT training institute.
- Knowledge of Azure AD, Intune and Office 365 is a plus
- Experience working with International NGO is a plus.
- Fluent in English and at least one local language.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.