Regional Network Optimization Specialist - UnileverSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tema 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Main Job Purpose
Has overall responsibility for determining the production capacity needed by the sourcing units to meet changing demands for its products in the medium to long term(1-5 years). Understands how each sourcing unit operates in view of demand patterns and growth plans in order to prepare future capacity requirements while tackling short-term capacity constraints. Undertakes medium to long-term planning activities to unlock capacity through:
- maximizing asset utilization and identifying bottlenecks and unlocks
- tracking manufacturing efficiency to optimize capacity utilization and for early decision-making, leveraging the knowledge of current and future technologies within current SUs and global networks
- drive portfolio simplification and DBNR to meet market demand
- drive source and supply costs optimization through capex management, benchmarking against other SUs on technology fit vs application
- Responsible for capacity planning and for development/implementation of business cases to ensure capacity unlock through investment and consideration of alternative sourcing options including third party.
- Lead capacity planning activities ensuring delivery against operational volume requirements and which optimize manufacturing efficiency and costs
- Refine capacity planning systems and methods continually to ensure that each sourcing unit across respective MCO’s can better deliver on customer needs and meet business growth ambition
- Review the resolution of short-term supply issues escalated by the Supply Planning team, be the first point of contact for the Supply Planner to resolve supply constraints
- Drives planning process improvements and optimization of SC cost
- Works closely with Procurement on medium & long term RM/PM requirements and supply constraints, and advises the SU of these concerns; have full visibility of stock situation for strategic materials across the region. Also supports the RM/PM Resilience plan driven by Procurement
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensures and consolidates CU/OEE improvement plans for each site across the category. Highlight CU Hotspots and ensures plans are put in place to adequately close the gaps. Ensures outputs of the RCDSR are escalated to the MCO SC VP.
- Underutilized Assets & Plans to improve utilization: Ensures a clear roadmap is put in place to address underutilized assets and improve asset utilization
- Is responsible for planning and tracking the Capex budget for the category. Partners with the Cluster Engineering team & Global Engineering to determine Capex affordability by site for the Category. Ensures Capex budget is executed OTIF and as per agreed budget
- Portfolio Simplification: Engages with various CCBT’s to identify SKU’s for delist. Engages with MCO Planning team to ensure rundown plans are executed and the SKU’s are cleaned off the system
- Agility DBNR & Network segmentation.
- Engineering background & Factory Experience is essential.
- Experience in FMCG Supply Chain (Factory, Planning) is an advantage.
- Technical & Financial Acumen
- Understanding of business processes from other functions (Factory, Capex, Procurement, Marketing, etc.)
- Strong Influencing skills
- Unilever Supply Chain Knowledge
- Logistics, Supply Chain (APICS etc) qualification an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Technical Role and/OR
- 1-2 years’ experience in Operational Planning would be an advantage
As per job requirements
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Supply Planners on SU Capacity utilisation plans, performance, target stock levels, RM/PM supply risks & supply contingency plans.
- Demand Planners on-demand plans (range forecasts where necessary), target bias & forecast.
- Category Technology Manager on Capacity needs, Capex plans & capacity impact of new technology.
- Regional Category Innovation Planners, Sourcing Planners & Product Group Directors on sourcing case preparation.
- Procurement on medium to long term RM/PM supply.
- Ensures outputs of the RCDSR are communicated to the relevant SCVP
- 3PM Operational Team on strategic 3PM Capacity Utilization.
Reports to: Africa Home Care Supply Chain Lead & SC Digital Transformation Director« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.