Residential Coordinator - Design & Technology InstituteAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To nurture and protect the social and educational development of learners in the Institute’s Hostels so as to ensure that students are healthy, safe, supported and protected from abuse to enable them to develop their full potential and make excellent progress in their vocational pursuits.
The Hostel Facilitator is a crucial link in the smooth administration of the Hostels and consequent pastoral care-related activities
aimed at achieving the Institute’s mission and vision for its students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and assign students to rooms with due regard to their age.
- Guide new students to settle into the Hostel routine.
- Contribute to and participate in the Orientation Programs for new students.
- Organize and supervise prep, games, in-house Christian services, entertainment, visiting periods, and excursions/outings.
- Report all maintenance problems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure the general upkeep of designated hostels and surroundings and maintain hygienic conditions.
- Issue supplies to students.
- Keep an inventory list of hostel items and care for school property assigned to his/her hostels.
- Be conversant with the Institute’s Rules and Regulations (particularly those pertaining to the hostels) and related policies in order to maintain discipline.
- Handle general health problems of students including arranging for food and necessary catering for the sick in consultation with the Matron and the School Nurse.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly Hostel Inspections, coordinated by the Dean of Students.
- Operate the daily routine for students as developed by the Institute authorities.
1.0 Pastoral Care
- Engender a pleasant and congenial atmosphere in which students are happy.
- Liaise with and maintain appropriate, cooperative and mutually beneficial relations with the parents/guardians of students in his/her hostels.
- Know each student in his/her hostel well as an individual, monitor how he/she is coping with hostel life and academic work and to seek ways to guide and support those facing challenges.
- Liaise with the clinical psychologist and the Dean of Students for students needing or receiving support lessons and monitor progress.
- Alert the Institute authorities about students having problems.
- Guide, rebuke and correct students when they go wrong.
- Guide students to develop leadership qualities by modelling the same and providing avenues for students to take charge of some aspect of hostel life however modest.
- Hold regular hostel and other small-group meetings especially the scheduled Sunday evening meetings with the students to discuss their welfare and related hostel issues and report any major issues that may come up at such meetings.
- Issue students with the appropriate Medical Forms and Outing/Exeat slips when necessary.
- Keep a Visitors Book, Health Register and Outing/Exeat booklets.
- Submit weekly, monthly or termly requirements for supplies and maintenance to the Dean of Students/Facilities Manager.
- Write hostel reports on each student three weeks before the end of each term.
- Submit an end-of-year report on the hostels.
- Carry out end-of-year procedures as directed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any area of study preferably in the Social Sciences.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in a similar role.
- People Management
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Listening Skills
- Team player
Ability to be
- Attentive to the peculiar needs of young adults
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.