Contracts Advisor: Capital Procurement - Tullow OilSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised, and African focussed independent oil and gas company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licences across 8 countries in Africa and South America.Tullow Oil has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Advisor to join the Capital Procurement Team supporting Well Engineering and Exploration.
Responsible to source and execute Rigs, Wells and Exploration (RWE) contracts and the daily execution of RWE procurement objectives and strategy. Also, to serve as the Subject Matter Expert for sourcing and contracting for RWE contracts such as Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG).
To support the development of contracting strategies, the composition, issuance, and management of invitations to tender, bid evaluation and negotiation of terms and conditions, including preparation of the recommendation to award, and award of the final contract.
To provide post-award contract management, administration and reporting, and contractor performance management
This role is based in Accra, Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The following are the key roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate
Demand Planning/ Concept/Strategy Development
- Review the annual business plan to understand forward demand and document key findings, priorities, and assumptions from spend and contracts
- Analyse the RWE business landscape, spend by sub-category and supplier to feed into category strategy and identify value optimization opportunities
- Develop contract strategies and tender go-to-market plans for complex RWE contracts
- Develop and execute complex RWE tenders, this includes tender requests, tender evaluation, negotiations, and supplier due diligence
- Incorporate Local Content during sourcing events and ensure that the contracts meet the Local Content requirements
- Secure complex RWE contracts (drafting and development) and ensure proper storage of contracts and associated documentation in-line with Tullow Oil requirements.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Drive complex RWE contracts management with end users to ensure that suppliers deliver their performance obligations and comply with the terms and conditions of the contract
- Provide oversight and conduct RWE contracts renewal and closure and communicate the updates with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with and develop suppliers to create sustainable long-term relationships where applicable
- Identify opportunities to create synergies across the business to obtain increased value from the overall procurement contract portfolio
- Support internal and external audits where required
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for RWE sourcing and contracting
Capability Development and other areas
- Assist in the development and implementation of capacity development initiatives to improve procurement outcomes
- Actively support the rollout of SCM Transformation initiatives (e.g., Contract Lifecycle Management and Supplier Management)
- Uphold and work within the Tullow values
- Formulating, evaluating, and negotiating complex contracts
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and articulate and present solutions.
- Advanced English language and numeracy skills. High level of competency in MS Word and Excel
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Proven experience in the energy industry (ideally with exposure to Drilling Rigs and Well Services) sourcing, contracting, negotiation, and contract management.
- Good understanding of significant legal and commercial issues within supply chain.
- Proven experience of negotiating contracts.
- Exposure with international procurement/handling of categories with large multi-national suppliers in oligopolistic environment.
- Awareness of oil and gas field development and production operations activities.
- Degree qualification (ideally in quantitative / analytics-focused area)
- Preference for additional SCM related qualifications, eg. CIPS, MBA
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.