Senior Forensic Auditor - AngloGold AshantiAuditing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (AGA) has implemented a new operating model to drive strategic alignment across the business with a common organizational design for the company to deliver its purpose. This ensures we have the right people in the right place to make effective and efficient decisions that are consistent with AGA’s vision and purpose.
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (Ghana/Tanzania Business Unit) is seeking experienced and self-motivated persons to join our Forensic Team as:
SENIOR FORENSIC AUDITOR
To provide adequate independent assurance to the Board (through the Audit and Risk Committee) and ExCom that the company’s governance requirements are met, the internal controls are adequate and effective, and that risks are adequately managed. In addition, without compromising independence, to provide advice and consulting support to the business to add value on specific projects/assignments as and when appropriate.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is to be achieved through providing professional and all-encompassing Forensics services that will contribute towards achieving the company's strategic objectives.
- Investigate allocated whistleblowing cases efficiently and professionally and provide detailed reports.
- Partake in combined assurance reviews and perform audits/reviews companywide on allocated assignments.
- Assist the Head of Forensics in implementing forensics as a global function.
- Lead and conduct forensic reviews in a global context and provide detailed investigative reports.
- Prepare quarterly reports of Group Forensics activities for the Board Audit and Risk Committee and various management Audit and Risk Committees, and present these reports at the management committees, where tasked.
- To address business and fraud risks, provide risk and governance advice to site and regional management levels.
- Consult and work closely with other service providers providing investigative advice and assistance in complex cases.
- If required, represent the company in disciplinary hearings and other civil/criminal proceedings.
- Further the department's strategy around the incorporation of data analytics in investigations as well as the development of predictive analytics in the management and continuous monitoring of fraud risks.
- Conduct fraud risk assessments and develop associated fraud prevention and detection strategies.
- Maintain electronic investigation files and audit trails in line with investigation standards.
- Co-operation and active involvement/support/communication with all other Managers and Senior Managers in Group Internal Audit, i.e., departmental cross-functional integration.
- Establish a good relationship with stakeholders, specifically such as Security, Internal Audit, Compliance and Legal functions on a BU level
- Apply/adhere to organizational procedures and legislative requirements.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Relevant Legal and/ or Investigation and/or Forensic Accounting - Bachelor’s Degree (minimum).
- Certified Fraud Examiner with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) or working towards it will be advantageous.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
At least 8 years experience as a Forensic or Commercial crime (specific) investigator, with specific expertise relating to:
- Commercial crime investigations include fraud, bribery, corruption, and other financial crimes.
- Extensive knowledge of contract assessment and related principles.
- Experience in representing the employer in disciplinary and other civil/ criminal matters.
- Demonstrate knowledge related to data mining and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of the Mining industry; and
- Extensive knowledge of Fraud prevention & detection approaches.
- Advanced understanding of legislation such as but not limited to - the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and UK Bribery Act, and Ghanaian Act 29 of 1960 – Criminal Offenses Act.
- Fraud Risk framework and associated business risks and processes and best practices.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.