Global Internal Auditor - Marie Stopes GhanaAuditing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe that everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to delivering compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organisation has over 9,000 team members working in 37 countries across the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI teams are locally led, entrepreneurial and results-driven, and are passionate about delivering high quality, client-centered care in their own communities. As a social business, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency, and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today will have a choice in the future too.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life-changing. For some, it can mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to look after the family they already have. For everyone, it means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a fairer, more equal world.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Location: Any country where MSI operates
- Full-time: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive - The salary will be banded within national context. Discretionary bonus + benefits
The role reports to the Group Internal Audit Manager and will support the development and delivery of the annual audit plan. The post holder will be expected to plan and undertake fieldwork audits, deliver reports that are clear, concise, and prepared in a timely manner, support the development of regional internal auditors, and help facilitate change management across the MSI Internal Audit function as it delivers on its performance change management agenda.
- Support the Group Internal Audit Manager in developing and delivering an annual programme of work to provide assurance over the risk, internal controls, and governance processes of MSI’s global operations
- Plan, organise and deliver assigned internal audit engagements, including scope development, scheduling of audits, and estimating the resources required, preparation of working papers in line with the MSI Group Internal Audit methodology, and development of audit reports
- Perform risk-based, financial, and operational audits. Review the systems of internal controls to manage risks, including assessing the compliance with MSI standards, policies, procedures, and key donor compliance requirements, where applicable
- Assess the performance of key financial and operational processes, focusing on economy, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability
- Provide management with an opinion on the internal control environment of the business unit audited
- Perform root cause analysis and report on findings, make recommendations on the systems of internal control and procedures being reviewed, and validate management’s responses. Follow-up and report on the status of implemented recommendations observed in prior audits.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide advice, guidance and partner with country programmes, regional teams and business units to improve internal control systems
- Contribute proactively to the design of new processes and systems ensuring appropriate controls are built in by design, whilst being cognisant of safeguarding auditor’s independence.
- Undertake forensic investigations as and when requested, in line with the MSI Anti-Fraud and Bribery Framework.
Change Management & Capacity Development
- Provide appropriate supervision and support for regional auditors in the delivery of audits. Offer, in conjunction with regional finance directors, support and guidance on the development of regional auditors
- Support the propagation of better internal audit and internal control practices and the implementation of the MSI Group Internal Audit methodology by internal audit teams across MSI
- Support the Group Internal Audit Manager and Director of Internal Audit in driving the continued transformation of the MSI Group Internal Audit function to ensure that it becomes highly effective and better enables MSI to deliver on its global mission
- Perform other ad hoc tasks, as may be requested from time to time by the Group Internal Audit Manager and Director of Internal Audit.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
Required Skills or Experience
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- Strong internal audit experience (at least 5 years), obtained through practice (Big 4/Mid-tier) or industry, with a working knowledge of the IIA Standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of the approach and objectives of risk-based audits
- Perform and document key internal audit procedures e.g., walkthroughs and test of controls
- Perform data analytics and other CAATs to complement audit procedures and to provide insights
- Perform root cause analysis and evaluate audit findings and recommendations
- Demonstrate competent and effective reporting writing skills in English
- Experience of working within a large multinational corporation (MNC) or a global organisation
- Experience of performing internal audit assignments in developing and emerging market environments
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skill, with good influencing skills and a good track record of engaging with senior leadership in a large, complex organisation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Willing to undertake overseas travel, for up to 50% of the time.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To perform this role, it is desirable that you have the following experience:
- Experience of working in an international, donor-funded service delivery organisation
- Experience of working in an international social enterprise, commercial organisation
- Experience of working within a healthcare or health services setting
- Working knowledge of data analytic tools like IDEA (Caseware) and PowerBI, or the inclination to learn through unsupervised, unstructured learning
- Working knowledge of AuditBoard OpsAudit or any other Audit, Compliance & Risk Management software
- Verbal and written language skills in French, Spanish and/or Arabic is desirable.
- Holds a recognised professional accountancy/audit qualification (e.g., CA, ACA, ACCA, CIA etc.)
- Educated to degree level (Humanities, Languages or Engineering degrees are highly desirable)
- Post-graduate qualification in governance and risk management is desirable
We seek exceptional individuals who are aligned to MSI’s mission and entrepreneurial mindset. You must be a strong communicator, self-motivated and solutions-seeking, committed to driving social change in an environment that measures sustainable results and impact at an individual and global level. You must be able to work effectively with and across diverse teams and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- A highly motivated, self-starter who has demonstrated experience of working independently in a remote setting
- Demonstrate active engagement with team members and stakeholders, with a proactive and can-do attitude
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning, professional and personal development
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.