Procurement Specialist - GIZ GhanaPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
- A key element of the national development agenda of Ghana is creating new and better jobs for a growing young generation.
- The intervention of areas of the Sustainable Economic Development in Ghana (PSED) program: Support to the reform in the Technical Vocational Training sector (TVET), Financial System Development (FSD), implementation of Migration and Employment Promotion (MEP) and support for digitization (DIGIT) contribute to this endeavour by improving the conditions for the creation of decent and productive employment
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Scope of Role:
Purchase materials and equipment for the GIZ NIED Cluster projects/programmes in accordance with GIZ rules, prepares contracts
under the project threshold, advises the projects on the new developments in the local market, informs projects and programmes on
time about the status of procurement and customs matters, particularly in the event of delays, and coordinates effectively with colleagues in
the administrative division of CO and with procurement officers at the head office.
- Procures materials & equipment locally, monitor markets, issues invitations to tender & processes orders in accordance with GIZ PuR
- Accepts goods, inspects delivery and ensures that the receipt is documented and goods received checked appropriately
- Contacts suppliers of defective goods delivered and arranges necessary follow-ups
- Checks goods invoices, goods inwards receipts and other (delivery) papers and payment instruction
- Arranges for the safe transfer of goods to their destination (arranges and coordinates the safe transportation of deliveries to the
requesting projects sites and offices outside Accra and ensures written confirmation of delivery by the project
- Processes cases of damage in transport
- Documents and files every order properly according to PuR, also in contract monitoring tools
- Controls the hand-over processes/filing of assets to partners or project employees
- Monitors and controls the event procurement processes in the project and at CO level
- Ensures proper allocation of programme equipment and regular maintenance
Qualification Required & Experience
- BA in business administration recognised commercial diploma in business administration or similar
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Excellent knowledge of procurement procedures
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good knowledge of the English language, a knowledge of German is an added advantage
- Finely tuned organisational skills and ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure with less or no supervision
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Willingness to update skills as required by the tasks to be performed
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.