Grants and Subcontract Specialist, GFRA Project - Tetra Tech ARDAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The USAID-funded Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA), implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for qualified candidates to fill the position of Grants and Subcontract Specialist. This position will be based in the main office in Accra. The purpose of GFRA is to prevent the collapse of the small pelagic fishery sector in Ghana while improving supplemental livelihoods, resilience, and food security.
The role of the Grants and Subcontract Specialist is to lead the implementation of the project’s Grants under Contract (GUC) activities and Local Subcontracts under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party Operations (DCOP) and Chief of Party (COP) and in collaboration with the Project’s technical team.
The Grants and Subcontract Specialist is responsible for managing the entire GUC and subcontracts portfolio in compliance with USAID’s and Tetra Tech ARD’s procedures and policies. The Grants and Subcontract Specialist will build the capacity of staff and grantees in grant management and compliance.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Administer the Project’s GUC and subcontracts portfolio.
- Collaborate with the Tetra Tech Home Office Contracts, Grants, and Procurement Manager (HO CGPM) to tailor grant and subcontract templates to the project context
- Ensure compliance with Tetra Tech ARD and USAID GUC and subcontract management policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the project team for annual planning to ensure the grant and subcontract program technical objectives are clearly defined and estimated timelines for solicitations are appropriate.
- Build the capacity of staff and grantees in GUC management; train staff in use of the manual and templates.
- Define and administer the grant and subcontract solicitation and selection processes in collaboration with technical staff and HO CGPM and in accordance to Tetra Tech ARD’s and USAID’s procedures and policies.
- Convene and facilitate Evaluation Committee sessions; documenting discussions and determination of successful applicants/bidders. Ensure there are no conflicts of interest between the evaluation committee members and the grantee/subcontractor. Notify applicants/bidders of their results.
- Oversee all pre-award due diligence requirements including the pre-award survey and cost analysis of the budget. Coordinate closely with the technical manager on technical and financial negotiations, as well as the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist on identifying GFRA indicators that will be achieved. Ensure all required USAID certifications are signed, excluded parties database searches are on file, and DUNS registrations are complete in accordance with the Grant Manual.
- Prepare grant and subcontract award and modification packages in accordance with Tetra Tech ARD and USAID grants/subcontracts management policies and procedures
- Monitor and manage grant and subcontract finances in coordination with the DAF and their team; ensure timely payment to grantees and subcontractors, monitor total grant and subcontractfunds prepare accurate projections and financial reports.
- Ensure all grant and subcontract-related documents (i.e., solicitations, grant agreements, competitive review processes, grantee and subcontract reports) meet USAID’s and Tetra Tech ARD quality standards.
- Support relevant technical staff in their review and approval of technical deliverables and corresponding payments. If deliverables aren’t satisfactory, work with the technical staff to improve grantee and subcontractor performance and deliverables prior to making payment.
- Conduct site visits to potential and existing grantees and subcontractors as needed; serve as a grantee and subcontractor resource on questions pertaining to performance, compliance with regulations, and reporting. Provide capacity-building support to grantees and subcontractors and facilitate similar support from technical and MEL teams to help build the overall capacity of grantees and subcontractors.
- Where necessary, develop training materials to train other project staff on grant and subcontract management practices.
- In coordination with the MEL Specialist, ensure adequate information collection and reporting on grant and subcontract outcomes and relevant AMELP indicators; prepare and submit quarterly updates, and submit grantee and subcontractor final reports to the Tetra Tech Home Office for reporting to the Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) and submitting datasets to the Data Development Library (DDL), as required.
- In collaboration with the HO CGP Manager, support the use of Tetra Tech’s Salesforce System that is responsive to the grant and subcontractor program for storing documentation and facilitating work-flow processes.
- Work closely with HO CGPM on any updates/revisions to the USAID-approved grant manual; streamline grant manual procedures as necessary and train project staff on new systems.
- Closeout grants and subcontracts in accordance with the grant manual procedures and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Project objectives.
Required Skills or Experience
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
EDUCATION: University degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, development, or similar field.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (3) years experience in a similar position. Previous experience managing subcontracts and grants under contract for USAID-financed projects is strongly preferred.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional fluency in English is required.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.