Technical Officer: Reproductive Health and Family Planning - JhpiegoHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent healthcare workers, strengthening health systems and improving the delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost healthcare solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
- Position: Technical Officer - Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Department: Global Programs
- Duration: 12 months
- Position Reports To: Technical Advisor - MCGL
- Position Supervised: N/A
- Location: Accra, Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Reproductive Health (RH) and Family Planning (FP) Technical Officer will be responsible for providing leadership in capacity building and in the technical area of RH/FP. The Technical Officer will provide technical assistance for RH/FP and blended learning approach for training the health workforce in Ghana.
S(he) will work closely with our partner(s) to build the capacity of selected private health facilities and support in implementing adaptative management approaches (i.e., data for decision-making) to enhance the outcomes of the program. The MOMENTUM Private Healthcare Delivery (MPHD) will build systemic surge capacity for LARC services in the private sector and expand access to long-acting reversible contraceptive (LARC) services by increasing the number of private sector health facilities providing LARC services.
This program will encourage and enhance method choice with a focus on reducing LARC barriers and increasing LARC access. The project will operate over a 12-month period.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the provision and adaptation of training curriculum and build local capacity using proven training approaches and quality improvement methodologies.
- Provide training (providers and training of trainers) as well as follow-up support and clinical mentoring as necessary for RH/FP.
- Support basic RH/FP care (including all methods of FP and counselling) at private facilities.
- Advocate for the adoption of new evidence-based RH/FP best practices at private health facilities in project sites.
- Contribute to and coordinate with the program’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team on activities to ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with national and USG standards.
- Represent program at regional level stakeholder meetings and trainings in relation to RH/FP and related technical areas.
- Contribute to the adaption of the training curriculum, training plans, supportive supervision and quarterly reports and other required technical reports.
- Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results.
- Ensure quality program implementation consistent with GHS Ghanaian RH/FP guidelines and training materials as well as global best practices.
- Evaluate program progress against deliverables on a quarterly basis.
- With the Technical Advisor - MCGL, oversee program implementation, quality assurance and monitoring of work plan.
- Coordinate with the other members of the technical team and partners to develop and implement feasible private sector facility-based approaches.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor which contributes to the achievement of program goals.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- The RH/FP Technical Officer must be a proven leader in the field of international RH/FP with senior-level management experience in public health programs. S/he must be well recognized by the RH/FP community in Ghana. The Technical Officer must be intimately familiar with the context in Ghana and have in-country experience with USAID programs. Additional qualifications include:
- A nurse/midwife or any other closely related health care professional. Other health-related courses (e.g., MPH, MSC or another relevant degree) will be an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in RH/FP in Africa, preferably in Ghana.
- Familiarity with the Ghana Health Service structures and functions especially as it relates to RH/FP is highly desirable.
- Applicant should be well versed in the counselling, use and training methodologies for LARCs.
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with host-country senior government officials and policymakers in RH/FP.
- Experience working with host-country partners, organizations, and institutions.
- Strong skills in the design, implementation and monitoring of program components; e.g. services, training, advocacy and coordination.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with African experts and partners in developing technical materials and providing training to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for expanding RH/FP.
- Experience with technical leadership for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills are essential for effective coordination among several institutions, partners and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- The ability to multi-task is highly desirable.
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication).
- Willingness to travel throughout Ghana as necessary.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.