Dispensary Technician - Plantations Socfinaf GhanaHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
PSG is an Oil Palm and Rubber Plantations company located at Daboase in the Wassa East District of the Western Region. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of SOCFINAF SA of Luxembourg and has over 2,000 employees.
Plantations Socfinaf Ghana (PSG) Limited wishes to inform all qualified and interested candidates about a vacant position in its Clinic Section of the Admin/HR Department: Dispensary Technician
- Job Location: PSG Health Centre - Daboase
- Reporting To: Physician Assistant
To provide technical functions associated with the delivery of pharmaceutical care in accordance with the level of expertise, standards for pharmaceutical care, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and to take charge of pharmaceutical services in the absence of the pharmacist.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out assigned technical activities as defined for the section or unit within which the post-holder is working, in accordance with agreed standards and policies.
- Preparing patients' prescriptions for in-patient and out-patient services for external purchases if drugs are not available at pharmacy.
- Pre-packaging pharmaceutical supplies as required to maintain stock levels.
- Ensure extemporaneous preparations are up to standard.
- Assist in the delivery of all aspects of storage, record keeping, stock control, and rotation in the ward and pharmacy units.
- Perform and document the inspection of areas where medication is dispensed, stored, and administer. Identify and retrieve outdated drugs and supplies and register entries of dangerous medicines in line with the hospital policy.
- Ensures that auditors and monitoring staff have rechecked medicines or items received.
- Responsible for making drug requisitions whilst taking into account consumption levels.
- Audit and advise on prescriptions coming from consulting room.
- To assist in the efficient and accurate compilation of statistics and work-related data in accordance with the agreed policy.
- To dispense medicines and counsel appropriately for both in-patients and out-patients
- Perform other official duties assigned by the Physician Assistant.
Required Skills or Experience
- HND in Dispensing Technology or its equivalent (Dispensing Technician Part III) plus one (1) year of National Service at a recognized health facility.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a methodological approach to work.
- Ability to take initiative and influence others positively.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.