Luminos Fund Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In GhanaAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Ghana 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Luminos Fund (www.luminosfund.org) provides transformative education programs to thousands of out-of-school children, helping them to catch up to grade level, reintegrate into government schools, and prepare for lifelong learning. Working in partnership with community-based organizations, Luminos is scaling up its accelerated learning program to ensure all children have equal access to joyful, foundational learning, especially those shut out of education by crisis, poverty, or discrimination. To date, Luminos has helped over 172,000 secure a second chance to learn. A registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, Luminos is working in Ethiopia, Ghana, Lebanon, Liberia, and The Gambia.
Luminos is supported by a range of funding partners, including Cartier Philanthropy, Dubai Cares, Legatum, and UBS Optimus Foundation. Luminos has been recognized for its achievements globally, receiving the 2022 Klaus J. Jacobs Best Practice Prize, the Library of Congress International Literacy Award, the Lipman Family Prize, the WISE Award, and the HundrED Global Innovation Award for the last five years.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Country Manager, Ghana
The Luminos Fund, an international non-profit bringing education opportunities to the world’s most vulnerable children, seeks an experienced and dynamic Country Manager to oversee the delivery and expansion of its award-winning catch-up education program in Ghana. This role will report to the Senior Director of Programs. Ideal candidates have accomplished professionals with exceptional people, program, operational and financial management experience. Experience working on education programs in Ghana and a passion for driving transformative results for children are essential.
The Luminos program builds on the Ghanaian Ministry of Education’s efforts to scale the Complementary Basic Education (CBE) national accelerated learning curriculum and is aligned with the Ministry of Education’s National Education Sector Plan 2018-2030 to improve equitable access to quality education for all children.
This full-time position can be based in Accra or the Ashanti region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Development and Management
- Manage day-to-day field operations and overall delivery of Luminos’ program in Ghana, including program monitoring, teacher training, vendor and inventory management, child protection and safeguarding, and finance functions.
- Lead engagement with Luminos’ Implementing Partners (IPs), including budgeting, impact, learning, compliance, and reporting.
- Review reports from partners and field-based teams, liaise with both through daily and weekly check-in calls, and respond appropriately based on the needs of the team and the program.
- Oversee writing and timely submission of reports on program activities, data, and finances.
- Liaise closely with the Ministry of Education, District Education Offices, and IPs to support teacher and student selection, community engagement, data collection, monitoring, assessment administration, teacher training and support, and transition of students into government schools following completion of the program.
- Provide input and support to research and external evaluations associated with the program.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction for Luminos’ work in Ghana, in consultation with the Luminos Programs team to set and deliver key growth and quality targets.
- Lead the effort to embed Luminos techniques and approaches within the Ghana program.
- Update Luminos global executive team on Ghana operations, successes, and challenges.
Operations & Office Management
- Oversee management of the Luminos Ghana office operations, including legal, HR, and finance functions.
- Manage a small local team with a wide array of talents, held together by strong core Luminos values and ways of working.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met (e.g., registration renewal, tax clearance, annual audit, annual reporting to the Department of Social Welfare, etc.).
- Maintain an up-to-date repository for organization documents including grant agreements, internal policies and procedures, and other operational records.
- Participate in and contribute to Luminos team's regular staff meetings.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lead Luminos’ engagement with stakeholders in Ghana, including government, civil society, and the donor community. Serve as the principal liaison between Luminos and the Ministry of Education.
- Establish and build collaborative relationships with education sector stakeholders, partners, government, and the donor community.
- Assist and guide Luminos in identifying and managing consultants and other service-rendering firms, if and when deemed necessary.
- Plan and lead classroom visits for Luminos partners and funders.
- Support collection of compelling student and classroom stories to communicate Luminos’ work in Ghana to a variety of audiences.
- Provide technical inputs to fundraising proposals and support in identifying new fundraising opportunities.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred. Preference for candidates with a degree in Education.
- Minimum 5+ years work experience with increasing levels of responsibility, including inGhana and preferably in education. Experience working with NGOs is desirable.
- Strong track record of leadership, people management, program management, office operations, and grant management.
- Excellent writer and persuasive communicator in English. Additional language skills, including proficiency in Asante Twi, are strongly desired.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Strong track record of success in building and managing relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including the government. Experience in establishing strong networks and partnerships to achieve impact.
- Experience leading the delivery of teacher training and continuous professional development for teachers is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Belief and demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of the Luminos Fund.
- Impeccable integrity, professionalism, and a solutions-oriented, can-do attitude.
- An innate sense of responsibility for the delivery of quality work, even in challenging, adverse circumstances.
- Natural curiosity and hunger for continuous learning and improvement.
- Ability to wear multiple hats, transitioning seamlessly between supporting teachers and staff in rural classrooms to representing Luminos in senior meetings with donors and government.
- Believe that success lies in the details.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently. Affinity for data and data-driven decision-making.
- Readiness to problem solve creatively on a myriad of fronts and go above and beyond to deliver outsized success.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.