Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
These results capture our strategic commitments to accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon the UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high-impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, and exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to delivering excellence in programme results.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Knowledge and Experience:
- Management skills, familiarity with UNFPA programmes and policies, knowledge of international development financing, policies and institutions, and international politics.
- Familiarity with population issues and how this impacts on sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and young people (including adolescents).
- Excellent negotiation skills, advocacy and public speaking, and good knowledge/understanding of the UN system.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum of a university degree in gender studies, social development, public health or another related social science field, and good knowledge/understanding of the UN system plus 2 to 3 years of professional experience preferably in programme/project management in the public or private sector
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.