Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The USAID-funded Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity (MSR) is a five-year, $35.9M follow-on project to USAID/Ghana ADVANCE II. MSR will leverage over a decade of experience linking smallholders to markets, inputs, and services in Ghana.
The project will strengthen commercial relationships between market actors, improve the rural entrepreneurship ecosystem to enable greater market participation, particularly for women and youth, expand the availability of agribusiness services, and link targeted policy initiatives to improved local economic governance. These activities will result in competitive, stronger, and more resilient markets, thus increasing inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in northern Ghana.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the Office Manager position. The position will be based in Tamale and manages all general administrative functions of the Ghana MSR project office, including facilities management, inventory, and logistics, as well as supporting the Chief Driver with the management of the entire vehicle fleet across project offices/areas.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manages all lease agreements and oversees the management of all office spaces.
- Negotiates favorable office leases and ensure landlords are in compliance with lease terms and conditions while maintaining a good relationship with the landlord.
- Ensures appropriate maintenance services are provided to all offices.
- Maintain and regularly update inventory of project assets and ensure appropriate use of project assets as per ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensures efficient communications, coordination and functioning within and among project offices.
- Coordinates the organization and execution of project-related and ACDI/VOCA-specific events, conferences, workshops, staff meetings, international consultant travel, volunteer travel, and large general meetings.
- Establish and manage relationships with hotels/conference centers/drivers (in Accra/ Tamale) that provide repayment terms to MSR.
- Arrange for lodging, catering, note-taking, equipment rental and use for project-related events.
Fleet Management Support: The Office Manager will work with the Chief Driver on matters that may include but are not limited to:
- Develop maintenance schedules for all project vehicles and related equipment, and ensure such maintenance is conducted in strict accordance with these schedules.
- Manage relationships with garages, and monitor invoices and payments while acting as the primary point of contact when vehicles are in the shop for maintenance.
- Develop vehicle/equipment usage logs and ensure such logs are complete, up-to-date, and submitted to the HR/Operations Manager and Chief of Party monthly.
- Compile and review monthly fuel consumption reports. Flag/report any issues to the HR/Operations Manager.
- Ensure enforcement of vehicle and equipment policies and procedures.
- Work with Procurement Specialist to ensure procurement of vehicle maintenance is done in a timely manner.
Any other relevant tasks as assigned by the HR/Operations Manager, Deputy Chief of Party and/or Chief of Party.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Social Sciences is required. Specific training in international logistics operations is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of Administration and Operations experience required.
- Experience with/ knowledge of working with vehicles is highly preferred.
- Experience on international development projects preferred.
- Experience working with a large team across multiple offices is preferred.
- Experience working with USAID projects preferred.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.