Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service as Technical demographers.
To provide technical support in data evaluation and analysis of nuptiality, migration, Life Table, global health and mortality statistics of fertility
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop analytical frameworks using statistical methods and techniques.
- Design and collect a wide range of demographic, socioeconomic, behavioural, spatial, and environmental variables.
- Prepare and link large-scale datasets (e. survey data with census data; administrative data with surveys and censuses information).
- Analyze and interpret demographic variables.
- Write manuscripts, journal articles, and policy briefs.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following: Demography, Population Studies, Sociology, Geography, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related fields;
- Must have completed a one-year national service
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Competencies and Skills
- Analytical skills in Excel, Stata, SPSS, R. Spectrum, Mortpak. Demproj, CSPro, or any analytical software.
- Integration of complex survey designs and large datasets
- Data collection, management, and presentation skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Closing Date: 18 April, 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.