Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service: Macroeconomist
To provide technical services to support efforts at deepening analyses and discussions on public policies.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain both static and interactive databases of all macroeconomic indicators either generated by GSS or any other agency
- Review, document, and update theoretical and conceptual relationships among key macroeconomic indicators
- Generate and disseminate trends and patterns among key macroeconomic indicators
- Compile all public policies and synthesize macro-economic public policies
- Write periodic reports, articles, and policy hints to advise government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies on historical and other country experiences on the relationships between key macroeconomic indicators.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, and related fields;
- Must have completed a one-year national service
- Must have at least two years’ work experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Competencies and Skills
- Application of macroeconomic theories
- Building and applying macro-econometric models and estimation. techniques
- Proficiency in the use of macro-econometric software
- Application of tailor-made macro-economic models for Ghana, the IMF Financial Programming methodologies and macroeconomic Diagnostics, and other public policy modelling tools.
- Research aptitude
- Writing and Presentation skills
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.