Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land use and commodity production.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and engaging Manager, Institutional Relations (IR) Africa who will work with regional teams and international colleagues to secure funding from institutional donors in support of programmes that advance the Rainforest Alliance’s mission.
The incumbent will play a role in proactively finding new funding sources and securing key donor meetings in focal countries, to cultivate and steward donor relationships and grow Rainforest Alliance’s standing amongst donors in the region. The focus will be on foundations, bilateral and multilateral funders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The selected candidate will be responsible for co-writing concept documents, proposals and reports, and contributing to the fundraising strategy for the organization’s work in Africa. They will do so working closely with Rainforest Alliance’s Institutional Relations colleagues across the globe, as well as Program staff – many of whom are field-based - to translate technical information and project ideas into strong and compelling written products to submit to donors.
The Manager IR Africa will also work closely with the Regional Leads on identifying regional fundraising priorities and advancing country donor engagement plans. The role will be part of both the Africa team and the global Institutional Relations team, and will report to the Director, Strategic Projects Africa, with matrix reporting to the Senior Manager, Institutional Relationsgs in focal countries, to cultivate and steward donor relationships and grow Rainforest Alliance’s standing amongst donors in the region.
- Proactively identify new funding resources consistent with the organization's revenue goals for restricted funding and strategic priorities, in close collaboration with the Senior Manager, Institutional Relations and Regional Leads;
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues globally to coordinate, write, adapt and edit high impact proposals and concept notes to institutional funders for field projects in Rainforest Alliance’s focal geographies in Africa;
- Manage selected proposal development processes, including development of workplans, budgets, and coordination and participation in technical design as needed;
- Serve as a internal key point of contact in Africa, liaising with the Institutional Relations team, and the Program staff in the region, on a day-to-day basis;
- Serve as a point of contact between Rainforest Alliance and key institutional donors in Africa, representing the organization through in-person meetings, phone calls, and written communications to advance funding opportunities;
- Coordinate closely with Institutional Relations team, as well as program staff throughout African countries, to ensure effective alignment of fundraising strategies with country strategies and successful execution of donor cultivation strategies and engagement plans;
- Work in close collaboration with regional managers to identify private sector opportunities and follow through on the elaboration of proposals;
- Manage fundraising data for the Africa Program by ensuring it is up to date and accurate within database, and produce monthly reports;
- Co-develop high-quality reports for selected institutional donors, ensuring consistency with donor requirements;
- Build awareness by representing Rainforest Alliance at relevant conferences and events; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from Business Administration, Social Study or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience (BSc) or minimum of five years (MSc) in institutional fundraising;
- Knowledge of natural resource management and/or agriculture commodity production or trade and/or development themes in the region is strongly preferred;
- Must have excellent English writing skills and be able to create content for different audiences. Fluency in French is preferred;
- Ability to create excellent written content for a variety different audiences;
- Experience working with budgets and financial reports;
- Ability to work regularly and collaboratively with colleagues who are based in different time zones;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Able to work well under tight deadlines and with colleagues in different time zones;
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, preferably within a global organization;
- Strong research and computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, project management systems);
- Experience with Salesforce or similar databases preferred; and
- Willingness and availability to travel up to 20% of time
Commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.