Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Cape Coast invites applications from suitably qualified and competent professionals for the position of Head, Scholarly Communication Unit (Scholarly Communication Librarian).
• Develop, analyze and implement policies relating to resources and services for the University Scholarly Communications Unit.
• Coordinate the management of the University Journals.
• Digital Archiving of the University Journals and other related Research outputs.
• Develop and manage Online Journal Management Systems for the University.
• Provide technical support such as requisition of ISBN, ISSN, DOI, Copyright. Licensing, Intellectual Property and Open Access Publishing.
• Promote and market UCC Journals and related research outputs.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in Scholarly Communications including Editors of UCC Journals, Researchers, Librarians, Publishers, and Policymakers, etc.
• Provide consultation expertise and training for UCC staff on relevant topics related to scholarly publishing.
• Develop equitable access and sustainable publishing models for the University.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The qualified applicant will be directly responsible to the University Librarian, Sam Jonah Library but ultimately to the Vice-Chancellor.
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidates seeking appointment to this position:
• Must possess Ph.D. in the following subject areas: Scholarly Communication, Scientific Publishing, Publishing, Information Technology or related field.
• Minimum of two years working experience in an Academic, Research, or related institution.
• Knowledge of the Scholarly Communication Landscape, Research data management, Publishing, Copyright, Licensing, Open Access etc.
How To Apply
Send your application to
Directorate of Human Resource,
University of Cape Coast
Closing Date: 30th October 2021
All completed application letters together with relevant supporting documents and Curricula Vitae should be submitted to the Registrar through the Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.