Education Jobs In Volta Region : College Guidance & Counselling Officer - St. Francis College of EducationEducation Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Volta Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
St. Francis College of Education, Hohoe, is a renowned public Catholic Teacher Education institution established by the Colleges of Education Act, 2012 (Act 847). The College is affiliated with the University of Cape Coast as part of the teacher education reform.
The vision of the College is to be a reputable College of Education for training world-class science and mathematics teachers to teach in basic schools in Ghana and beyond.
The mission of the College is to create an environment that promotes students' holistic development, teaching, and learning, as well as research.
College Guidance and Counseling Officer work collaboratively with all staff and students to create a positive learning community.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Specifically, the Counselor:
- Proactively creates and develops positive relationships with all members of the College community (students, staff, families, etc).
- Administer all counseling activities and provide feedback to all members of the College community regarding the same.
- Prepare a schedule for students and monitor progress for all of them as per graduation requirements.
- Coordinate with College administration to develop and implement various activities and provide support to all services.
- Maintain and analyze all student data and prepare programs and activities to provide support to all student plans.
- Assist staff and students with all emotional requirements and prepare various counseling and intervention strategies for all students.
- Provide training to all members of the College community and update knowledge on contemporary guidance and counseling issues
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all information for guests.
Required Skills or Experience
Must possess a good Bachelor's Degree and a Postgraduate Degree in the applicable field of study/education from an accredited institution. Membership of relevant professional bodies/associations is an advantage.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of the teaching and learning process.
Demonstrated success in effectively solving challenging problems through a positive, collaborative approach.
Dedication and expertise in counseling a range of students in the career planning and college process,
Evidence of high levels of organizational skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with students, parents, and colleagues in the College.
Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with students, parents, administrators, colleagues, community, and other school community staff.
A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement.
Outstanding listening, written, and oral communication skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Send your application to
THE COLLEGE SECRETARY
ST. FRANCIS COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
POST OFFICE POST 100, HOHOE
Closing Date: 15th October 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.