Jobs In Eastern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health, and safety for our workforce, and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
Our Core Values
Are you a leader that can work in adherence to Newmont’s core values of:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
About This Role
- Leads all elements of the Akyem operational security following established Newmont policies and procedures and applying the best practices of industrial security (guarding and security technology) to the protection of the company personnel, contractors, visitors, assets, processes, property, and product.
- This role will support, implement and manage the Newmont security strategy on-site, in the region, and throughout the organization.
Main Responsibility Areas;
- Threat and Risk Management/Asset Protection
- Construction Management
- Emergency Management
- People Management
- Planning and Reporting
- Relationship with Local Law Enforcement
- Security Intelligence
- Project Team Participation
In This Role, You Will
Threat and Risk Management/Asset Protection
- Conduct, refine, and maintain Security Threat Risk Assessments (TRA), Security Vulnerability Assessments (SVA), VPSHR Risk Assessments, People Threat Management Assessments, and appropriate Mitigation Action Plans for Akyem departments; Set performance metrics for TRA/SVA/VPSHR Mitigation Action Plans.
- Keep abreast of best practices and emerging security technologies.
- Develop and implement Akyem’s security awareness programs; Identify and manage critical security risks through appropriate mitigation plans /actions.
- BRP compliance; Timeline compliance; Approve and sign off of security designs, including IESS requirements.
- Identify and develop Akyem security contract tender specifications, performance requirements, and measures.
- Participate as a key member of the contractor selection adjudication panel.
- Manage the security contract of Akyem contractor employees, including the execution of security training and tasks to the appropriate standard at fixed installations, roving patrols, a security operations center, and investigative and analytical functions.
- Manage relationships with security contract service providers and external stakeholders.
- Plan for emergency preparedness and contingencies, and function as a crisis management team member.
- Review and maintain current Emergency Evacuation Tactical and Trigger Action plans for the site and implement new planning format in conjunction with Health and Safety and super HR Group (HR, Site Services, L&D).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Plan, develop, and effectively implement training programs for internal and external security resources, the Security department (employees and contractor staff).
- Establish and train Mobile Response teams to include the identification of top-performing contractor personnel, the deployment, integration, and coordination with Public Security teams assigned to the units.
Planning and Reporting
- Receive and analyze the monthly expenditure statements to enable reporting.
- Develop, plan, and implement an annual operations plan; Direct the Site Security budgeting process and manage budget by forecasting costs and monitoring expenditure to ensure cost control for the Project.
- Monitor the expenditure against the budget and confirming that spending occurs within the budgetary restrictions.
Relationship with Local Law Enforcement
- Liaison effectively with local and regional civil authorities, police, military, and community groups. Work closely with these groups, and with the Community Relations team, to address issues in the community before they become security problems.
- Drive safety culture in all aspects of security operations; Oversee that all work carried out adheres to Health and Safety standard operating procedures, systems, and protocols.
- Coordinate the collection and analysis efforts targeted at providing timely and accurate assessment and warning of developing security threats; Manage Online Intelligence data collection and reporting.
Project Team Participation
- Advice and provide support to the Project Leadership team on security matters; Ensure that security is incorporated in routine operations, forecasting, and strategic planning.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate/experience in the fields of Security Management, Emergency Management, Criminal Justice, and Military Management or related discipline.
- Internationally recognized professional qualification and certification in Security, preferably ASIS or equivalent International certification, e.g. Physical Security Professional (PSP) or Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or any equivalent international Security certification or studying towards such a certification.
- Knowledge of the organizational structure and management team.
- Knowledge of vendors and suppliers applicable to the department.
- Knowledge of internal administration and communication processes, procedures, and systems.
- Knowledge of the organization’s invoicing and requisition processes, procedures, and systems.
- Project knowledge and experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Knowledge and experience within the security industry are required.
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant Africa work experience.
- Prior experience working with an expatriate workforce.
- Strong Supervisory and Management experience.
- Demonstrated successes in working collaboratively in multi-cultural teams in expatriate settings. Work in developing countries, specifically in West Africa preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Computer skills, including MS Office, Word Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications.
- Excellent people skills.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Information monitoring and management skills.
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- Administrative skills.
- Detail focused.
- Team player.
- Work efficiently.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.