Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crisis and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We employ more than 9,000 people in program countries, working with over 85,000 communities. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for almost 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Ghana is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated, and resourceful person to fill the position of Procurement Officer- SHOW Project.
The duration of the Project is eight (8) months.
- Functional Area: SUPPLY CHAIN
- Reports to: PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
- Location: Country Office
- Travel required: 20% within the project area
- Effective Date: TBD
- Grade: C1
CONTINUE READING BELOW
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Financial measures or statistics are relevant to the position such as budget, Controls, and monitors the Project budget of US $7.4 million.
Engage in the local procurement process by preparing an invitation to bid, shortlisting, or prequalification; preparation of tabulation of technical bids and submission of such bids through the Administrative Manager to the Selection Committee for review.
Contact suppliers for additional information required by Selection Committee Members.
- Process the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PU as per the Operational Manual (OM) and local Procurement Guidelines and procedures to ensure value for money is obtained at all times.
- Ensure that all vendor details, requisitions, price comparison, purchase order, good receipt, etc are created and entered into SAP
- Process requisitions, price comparison, purchase order, good receipt, purchasing history/records, etc in SAP
- Process payment for approval of requisition and purchase orders in SAP
- Post/enter invoices and goods receipts into SAP for processing
- Post/enter material stocks and inventory into SAP and process the same
- Coordinate the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors
- Produce and maintain an up-to-date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement of goods and materials for program activities.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors
- Ensure the effective allocation, utilization, and management of project vehicle for Plan’s activities as per OM, local policy, and local procedures with a low incidence of vehicular accidents and reduced cost of repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure the adequate supply of utilities and maintenance of office equipment and machinery for the smooth flow of work in the office with minimum disruption of work outflow
- Ensure the effective management of stores to ensure the effective implementation of program activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of stores
- Review, update and maintain the Fixed Assets Register for the Project to keep and track all assets with no reports of loss of assets
- Ensure the office & its environment are well kept and maintained to facilitate the smooth flow of office work without any adverse disruptions
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded following the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed following the appropriate procedures.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of qualification in HND accounting (at least 2nd class lower)
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge in SAP accounting software would be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Show strong understanding and knowledge of Cash Flows, Budgetary Controls, and compliance with financial controls
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to facilitate participative processes
- Independence, objectivity, and integrity.
- Organized, methodical, and meticulous.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.