Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Wikimedia Foundation’s Education team works with the education sector and a global community of volunteers to ensure that free knowledge projects like Wikipedia make a meaningful impact on global education goals.
We are building a world where knowledge is available and equitable for everyone, and people have the skills and information they need to thrive in the digital age.
Purpose of this fellowship
To provide a professional experience for exceptional graduate students interested in the fields of education, technology, and development that will mutually benefit the student’s professional learning and contribute to furthering the work of the Education team at the Wikimedia Foundation.
You can learn more about the experience of our previous fellows here.
October 2021-June 2022 36 weeks 20 hrs/week
This is a paid Fellowship. The Fellow will be hired as a contractor for the duration of the fellowship at $30/hr or the equivalent in local currency.
The student may also be able to arrange for course credit for their work. Upon completion of the fellowship, the fellow will be provided with a letter of reference outlining their deliverables and outcomes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The fellowship manager will work together with the fellow and their academic advisor to determine the scope of work based on the student’s interest and the current projects that the education team has prioritized. Current projects and research needs include:
- Wikimedia in global Higher Education
- Positive youth engagement
- Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom/ Media and Information Literacy
- Wikidata for Education / curriculum digitization & machine learning
Deliverables will correlate with the learning outcomes outlined in the below section.
- The student will be able to explain the mission of the Wikimedia Foundation and how the work of the education team supports the Wikimedia movement’s strategy while contributing to global education goals through grassroots community engagement and strategic projects and partnerships.
- The student will be able to navigate working with a global volunteer movement aimed at ensuring free access to the world’s knowledge and will be able to employ tested strategies to support online communities with offline programmatic work.
- The student will develop a deep understanding of 21st-century skills, and will be able to articulate how reading and editing Wikipedia supports the development of those skills.
- The student will develop their ability to manage time effectively in a non-structured work environment while collaborating with a globally distributed team.
- Graduate student focusing on comparative education, education & technology, or similar fields of study
- Fluent in at least one language other than English
- Experience working in a diversity of cultural contexts
- Experience working in educational institutions
- Experience contributing to Wikimedia projects is highly desired
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.