Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Supervisor – Surface.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Supervisor – Surface is accountable for the monitoring, control of the output of Surface Electrical maintenance to standard through the application of operational policies, processes, and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero-defect objectives & safety.
- Adhere to the site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Gather information for the E & I Superintendent – Surface for reporting performance.
- Execute maintenance of all electrical equipment in Surface infrastructure (Substations, Transformers, Underground Cables, Overhead Power Lines, Protection System, Fixed Plant equipment, and Low Voltage installations) during refurbishment and later maintenance
- Conduct reviews of the electrical refurbishment, later maintenance, of the electrical equipment to identify actions for continuous improvement.
- Organize information for the E & I, Superintendent – Surface to develop condition monitoring routines and checks for surface infrastructure equipment.
- Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis.
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for new build/ maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Monitor information on vibration & other data collected to diagnose/troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programs and root cause failure analysis process of electrical equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects.
- Execute work promptly; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to the time plan, escalate real or potential delays.
- Monitor equipment performance on the asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Maintenance Management or equivalent
- An experienced Electrical Maintenance Supervisor with 5+ years experience in Low and Medium Voltage Infrastructures
- At least three (3) years in a supervisory role, preferably Mine Infrastructure Maintenance
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body.
- Familiarity with Maintenance / Operating Machinery and Fixed Plants
- Strong Electrical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail-oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute concerning project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Supervising practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Ability to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.