Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) is arguably the most complex threat to human and animal health with implications for food safety, food security and the potential to cause millions of deaths as well as affecting economies of countries in the long term. AMR threatens to compromise the progress made globally towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Misuse and overuse of antimicrobial medicines in human, animal and environmental health, loss of efficacy, coupled with fewer alternatives and an empty pipeline for new antimicrobials aggravates the situation and further pose challenge to infectious disease therapy. Without coordinated and accelerated action, the world is heading towards a post-antibiotic era where common infections could once again kill and risks reversing progress made in health and development.
To tackle AMR, the World Health Assembly in 2015 (WHA 68.7), adopted the Global Action Plan (GAP) on AMR. The September 2016 United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) resolution on AMR stated the resolve of member states on the need to tackle AMR, agreeing on one health-oriented interventions. Ghana among many other countries globally, developed national policy and action plans; modeled on the principles of the GAP in one health to tackle AMR.
A coordinated response
Given the transnational and multi-sectoral nature of AMR, the Tripartite – a partnership between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) and the World Health Organization (WHO) – is scaling up existing efforts to support countries to counter this immediate threat through a one health approach. This partnership brings together a combined technical knowledge and convening power that offers robust, sustainable, cost-effective and efficient solutions to addressing AMR.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Several actors are also implementing interventions to combat AMR. One major initiative by the Tripartite is the establishment of the ‘‘AMR Multi-Partner Trust Fund (AMR MPTF): Combatting Antimicrobial Resistance through a One Health approach’’ to drive the delivery of the GAP on AMR and MPTF theory of change while implementing country national action plans.
The MPTF provides good opportunity to implement cross cutting activities with catalytic effects that delivers on implementing global and national action plans and respond to the outcomes and impacts expected by the MPTF.
AMR is a priority for country and the Tripartite organizations. The WHO is leading this project and seeks a highly motivated and dedicated individual as the Country Project Coordinator to support active implementation of the approved proposal and work plan.
In close collaboration with FAO, the OIE country representative and sub regional representative the incumbent will provide technical support, coordinate and actively manage the effective implementation of the project among implementing agencies, stakeholders and across the tripartite as well as monitor and report progress of work. He/She will also work closely with the AMR committees and AMR Secretariat to ensure parties deliver on activities. The successful candidate will be supervised by the Health Systems and Services Cluster Lead, the WHO focal point on AMR and under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative for Ghana.
Summary Of Assigned Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage the Ghana AMR MPTF activities including oversight of the work plan
- Ensure effective coordination and joint action between Tripartite teams, implementing partners and ensure consistency and complementarity in approach and messaging
- Be the focal point for communication among key partners and stakeholders at country level.
- Monitor the implementation of approved work plan with support from the Tripartite organizations
- Support activity proposals and final technical reports and ensure they are in accordance with agreed work plan and results framework and respective indicators
- Submit consolidated narrative reports on progress, in accordance with the agreed results framework and respective indicators
- Develop terms of reference and concepts for technical assistance where appropriate and in collaboration with the Tripartite agencies
- Liaise with the Tripartite focal points on fund administration issues
- Facilitates financial and activity reporting among implementing partners and the Tripartite organization
- Work closely with the country AMR committee or Secretariat to ensure effective coordination
- Develops briefings on AMR, the MPTF project for the AMR committee and implementing partners where appropriate
- Coordinates and documents best practices and lessons among implementing institutions
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Monthly progress report on project deliverables.
- Annual report to be submitted to MPTF secretariat by Feb 2022
- Progress reports for two monthly implementation calls with MPTF secretariat
- Other expected deliverables as may be requested by the country office or the MPTF Secretariat.
- Communication in a credible and effective way
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Producing results
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- A minimum first degree in Medicine or Veterinary medicine or Pharmacy or Nursing or Laboratory sciences or other relevant related fields.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant or related field and additional qualification in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- At least 5 years relevant experience working in the health, food and agriculture or the environment sector.
- At least 2 years working on antimicrobial use and resistance space
- Experience in implementing public health programmes with the UN agencies.
- Experience in proposal writing, facilitating or being part of proposal writing team is and added advantage.
- Familiarity and/or experience working with the AMR global and national action plans and the one health national AMR Platform is an added advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- According to UN salary scale NOB step 1
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.