Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Dredge Masters Limited (DML) seeks a Health & Safety Manager with a good leadership experience and the ability to influence people to get safety initiatives off the ground. One with good ethics and technical skills and is goal oriented to help the organization achieve its safety goals.
REPORT TO: Managing Director
- Develop, manage and implement the HSE strategies for dredging projects
- Implements, maintains and responsible for continual improvement of DML IMS (Integrated Management System).
- Responsible for ensuring the effective achievement of Project Health & Safety Objectives and subsequent KPI’s
- Manage Health & Safety compliance (legal and client’s requirement) and implement industry best practices.
- Responsible for the auditing of Health & Safety processes and operational projects
- Responsible for the proactive HSE support during tender processes.
- Responsible for the implementation of behavior based safety culture on the project
- Responsible for the management of HSE process for subcontractors, suppliers and service providers.
- Coach and develop project management team on HSE related matters and confirm project site fulfills industry best practices, national guidelines and regulations and implement risk controls on the project.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved ISO manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and best engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to project managers.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence.
- Good verbal and written reporting skills.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety, Engineering or related discipline.
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Safety is an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Health and Safety Manager in preferably urban dredging, inland dredging, marine construction and Dams.
- Have proven work experience both dredging projects and corporate managerial level.
- Have strong background in Integrated management systems (set-up and implementation).
- Have thorough knowledge of relevant Health & Safety standards (such as ISO 45001)
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body such (IOSH, GHISEP, IIRSM)
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- EPC industry experience
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Goal-driven leader with strong people management and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Comfort with time reporting systems and technical reporting skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address on or before 30th July, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.