Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Dredge Masters Limited (DML) seeks an experienced and dynamic Hydrographic Surveyor in Accra for its dam dredging, inland dredging and maintenance dredging, Marine construction, Sea defense & Coastal engineering activities. The candidate should be self-driven and a prove team leader.
REPORT TO: Managing Director
- To conduct marine and topographic survey to requirement of contract and the job.
- To conduct side scanning and be well versed in all modern marine and land survey equipment and techniques and under water detecting and imaging tools.
- Well versed in modern survey software, the knowledge of latest version of HYPACK is desirab.
- Specializing in precise positioning, data acquisition and processing, use specialized technical software and equipment including satellite and terrestrial positioning systems, sonars, single and multibeam echo sounders, laser scanners and LiDAR (light detection and ranging) equipped aircraft to provide data for the production of nautical charts and maps
- Measure and map the underwater surfaces for a number of end uses which includes the production of charts for navigation, dam dredging, inland dredging, marine construction, sea defense, coastal protection, wreck and under water observations.
- Be able to use technical software, global positioning systems, and sonar and echo sounders to provide data for the production of nautical charts and maps.
- Use remotely operated and autonomous underwater vehicles to gather data as required.
- produce reports
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- provide accurate and reliable information for other disciplines such as navigation, dam dredging, inland dredging, marine construction and coastal protection.
- work in a variety of different situations and applications including seabed mining, the construction of ports, the provision of navigational charts, and the positioning of navigational aids
- source information on seabed type, water movements and waves
- provide data for oceanographic studies
- respond to technical queries from onshore engineering teams and problem-solve for colleagues working offshore – if working onshore
- review company procedures and software projects, and provide feedback on courses and in-house training
- work as part of a team of technical specialists.
- Be able to deal directly with clients, produce reports, and be willing to work in a wide range of differing situations and applications
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as chief hydrographic surveyor.
- Experience in urban dredging, dam dredging, inland dredging, marine dredging, marine construction and coastal protection will be preferable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Well-versed with wide range of Marine survey equipment, software, technology format
- Well-versed in various technologies in plotting, charting, reporting, analyzing and interpreting the survey data.
- the ability to learn quickly – you will need a good knowledge of global positioning systems and navigation, geographic information systems, nautical studies and emergency procedures
- good team working skills and the ability to work closely and get on with others in pressurized situations
- a practical approach to problem solving
- logical thinking
- resourcefulness and resilience
- adaptable and responsive to changing circumstances
- a driving license required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address on or before 30th July, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.