Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Project Environmental Manager at Dredge Masters Limited is to oversee the environmental performance on the projects and implementing and monitoring environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
REPORT TO: Managing Director
- Responsible for making sure operational projects are compliant with all environmental regulations in areas such as air quality, waste, clean water, and pollution.
- Monitor trends of environmental parameters and implement programs and procedures to facilitate a safer working environment.
- Contribute to the development of sustainability awareness strategy flexible enough to appeal to all activity lines.
- Access, analyze and collate environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies when required.
- Manage environmental strategy budgets
- Provide environmental trainings to staff at all levels
- Keep up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislations and initiatives as per ISO 14001 and EPA laws.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate or IEMA Certificate is an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years of experience as an Environmental Manager in preferably urban dredging, inland dredging, marine construction, Dams and Environmental Engineering/Management.
- Have proven work experience both dredging projects and corporate managerial level as a sustainability specialist.
- Have strong background in Integrated management systems (set-up and implementation).
- Have thorough knowledge of relevant Environment standards (such as ISO 14001)
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body (IEMA, GHISEP)
- Must have worked in similar projects (Construction or dredging works in developing countries) as an Environmental and Sustainability Specialist.
- Experience in project based management (non-hierarchical guiding and mentoring)
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be able to implement environmental policies and Practices
- Must demonstrate passion for environment and sustainability
- Must devise the best tools and systems to monitor project environmental performance and to implement strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills on top of strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in environmental reporting and data analytics
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address on or before 30th July, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.