Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This position is to ensure financial accountability for grants according to Plan and donor requirements. Provide timely and accurate financial information on grants. Act as finance focal person for finance-related grants issues (budgeting, cash flow management, reporting, auditing etc).
Dimensions of the Role
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Controls country grants annual budget
- Area of Responsibility – country program
- Grants officer report to the role
Budgeting and Control
- Develop proposal budgets and budget narratives in collaboration with Country Office finance, grant and program staff, including modifications, ensuring that all projects are fully costed.
- Maintain a budgetary control system to monitor grant budget vs. Expenditure, and advise management on variances and corrective actions required to be taken
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support the development of Country Office annual budgets; based on grant portfolio projections and its subsequent modification.
- Over the course of Grant implementation, monitor and alert program and finance teams of potential award compliance issues, re-budgeting needs, and spending trajectories to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Grant closure, Audits and risk management:
- Maintain official archive of donor correspondence, donor reports, grant agreements, modifications, and budgets.
- Work with program and grant teams to facilitate the process of on boarding new projects to ensure internal controls and donor compliance systems are established and followed.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors for grant specific audits and country Audit as a whole. Assist the Country Finance Manager in the preparation and coordination of schedules for grants Audit.
- Communicate with donors regarding audit findings, and prepare audit action lists for grant audits and follow up on its implementation. Present regular updates on grant audit action lists.
- Participate in the design and implementation of internal controls, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Lead in financial accountability and reporting for grants in a timely manner to ensure compliance to Plan International’s policies and donor regulations.
- Review implementing partners’ and other engagement agreements and ensure its compliance with Plan International and donor Policy
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external financial, budgetary and accounting reports of considerable complexity requiring independent judgment, initiative, and extensive knowledge of the organization, accounting, and policies and procedures as may be required on the specific grant.
- Periodic review of payments charged to grants for conformity to budget; calculate and ensure cost recovery is carried out appropriately on all grants.
- Oversee cash management of all grants, including preparation of requests of funds from donors/grantor agencies. Monitor funding requirements for donor-specific bank accounts and liaises with the Country Finance Manager and Business Development Manager to ensure availability of adequate funds to meet forecast expenditure requirements.
- Lead in financial capacity assessment of potential partners prior to any partnership and conduct regular assessments of existing partnerships.
- Train finance and programs staff on grant regulations and Plan International’s policies and procedures. Perform grant capacity assessment of partner finance staff, and develop training and development plans.
- Regularly, and occasionally on short notice, travel to partner offices to train staff, provide support, conduct audits and evaluate compliance with country laws and as well as organization policies and procedures
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.