Legal Jobs In Accra : Officer I, Legal and Enforcement (Paralegal) - Securities and Exchange CommissionLegal Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Securities and Exchange Commission Ghana seeks to employ an Officer I, Legal and Enforcement (Paralegal)
- To assist with the operations of the Legal and Enforcement department to achieve the objectives of the department and that of the SEC.
Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence, and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to discuss details of cases.
- Filing pleadings and all other court processes at the court’s Registry.
- Assisting court bailiffs to direct service of court processes.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of documents to relevant bodies.
- Responsible for applying for chambers Licence on time and ensuring that staff of the department have their licences renewed and remain in good standing with the General Legal Council, the Ghana Bar Association, and other Professional Associations on an annual basis.
- Responsible for raising memos for Bar Conferences, Continuing Legal Education and other professional programmes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents, and other data.
- Keeping the law library up-to-date by monitoring and recommending new and relevant legal materials for purchase in conjunction with the procurement unit.
- Preparation and circulation of weekly cause lists etc.
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from an accredited tertiary institution.
- A certificate of completion from an approved paralegal certification programme of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies or an LLB from a recognised university is an advantage.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are a must.
- A minimum of three (3) years post-Bachelor’s degree relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines relating to the securities industry and the capital market in general.
- Working knowledge of the securities market operations.
- Excellent investigative skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Creative, innovative and good business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent planning skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills including prioritising of activities.
- Ability to influence colleagues to work towards achieving the department’s objectives.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong ethical and professional skills etc.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.