Agricultural Jobs In Accra : Agricultural Market Systems Development Manager (PMII) - Catholic Relief ServicesAgricultural Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
As the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States, CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through integrated programming in emergency response, health, agriculture/livelihoods, education, peacebuilding and more. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS is seeking an Agricultural Market Systems Development Manager to serve as the technical lead for activities anticipated under the five-year USAID Ghana Market Systems and Resilience (MSR) Activity in Ghana.
The Manager will provide technical oversight of the development and implementation all CRS activities under Objective 1: Increase commercialization and profitability of agriculture markets. The Market Systems and Resilience (MSR) Activity will facilitate the development of a competitive market space in northern Ghana that is inclusive, resilient, and sustainable in the provision of goods and services demanded by actors.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The approach for this activity will help identify and minimize the root causes of market failure for barriers that disadvantage the vulnerable, women and youth and exclude them from economic opportunities. This activity will also create incentives for actors to invest in developing and sustaining productive relationships for the efficient delivery of goods and services and an improved enabling and regulatory environment for agricultural sector growth.
This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will be based in Tamale, Ghana, with frequent travel across Northern, Upper East, and Upper West regions of Northern Ghana. The Agricultural Market Systems Development Manager will use their management skills and knowledge to ensure the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its agriculture programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Effectively manage talent for the MS&R Project and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Support community identification and entry activities, including establishing relationships with key community leaders and stakeholders using the Participatory Learning and Action (PLA) approach.
- Lead community mapping activities, including community-based agribusiness dealer mapping and financial services provider mapping.
- Leads activities to promote improved use of production and post-harvest handling practices and services by smallholder farmers by linking them to agro-dealers and service providers to provide sensitization training, workshops, and demonstrations.
- Leads activities to increase adoption of fundamental and commercial business practices by smallholder farmers in areas like financial literacy, record keeping, and use of market information.
- Lead activities to support commercialization and access to finance for smallholder farmers through promotion of VSLAs and SILCs, access to mobile money, and financial literacy training.
- Support the creation and strengthening of inclusive and service-oriented smallholder farmer groups which provide improved services to their members.
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master's Degree in International Development, Economics, Business, Agricultural or Rural Development or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience in relevant field-based project management experience, such as work in economic growth, value chain development, or agricultural development programs is required.
- Experience with staple crops, such as maize, soybean, groundnut, and cowpea, and high-value export-oriented crops, such as horticulture, shea, and other tree crops a plus.
- Knowledge of market facilitation approach (M4P) is required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with international development contracting policies and procedures, specifically USAID. Experience working with grantees preferred.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Languages - English
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate and collaborate with people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Excellent oral and written skills with good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented
- Knowledge of finance and private sector investment
- Understanding of agricultural policy environment in targeted counties and value chains required
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
Applicants should submit their CV and letter of interest by 5pm, on May 9, 2021.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
**Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
CRS’ emphasis on family values supports benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, the availability of a baby room at the office, and flexible working hours where possible.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.