Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Established in 1951, World Education, Inc. is a US-based non-profit organization aimed at improving the lives of marginalized people through education (formal and non-formal) and training, institutional development, and targeted technical assistance. Please visit our website at www.worlded.org for more information.
World Education, Inc. seeks candidates for the role of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Care specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded CARE REFORM Project in Ghana.
The project aims to build national capacity to implement the national strategy to reintegrate children in residential care into family-based care. World Education, Inc. (WEI) has been working in Ghana for 20 years. Through our Bantwana Initiative, we are a leader in the development of high quality, comprehensive OVC service delivery in Africa. WEI/Bantwana brings a significant track record of excellence and innovation in improving access to, and quality of, family based care and support. It focuses on strengthening coordination and harmonization of care, protection and support services for OVC households from community to national level.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The OVC Care specialist supports and manages the technical implementation of the Care Reform project in a multi-sector approach, working closely with specialists from the Government of Ghana, consortium partners and other stakeholders to build upon and strengthen the existing Care Reform Initiative. The OVC Care Specialist will lead the technical design and implementation, and build the associated capacity of consortium partners, Department of Social Welfare and other agencies and actors working in child protection. The OVC Care Specialist reports to the Chief of Party. The selection of the applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Based in: Accra, Ghana
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and lead the implementation of the Care Reform package in tandem with consortium partners and the GoG, specifically the Department of Social Welfare and District Authorities.
- Work with the Care Reform project team and stakeholders to advance the Care Reform Initiative, and facilitate the mainstreaming of sustainable, high quality family and community based care strategies.
- Oversee training and delivery of appropriate social protection mechanisms including training on positive parenting, foster care and adoption.
- Lead analysis and improvement of existing family strengthening initiatives to ensure vulnerable families are better able to provide supportive, protective and caring environments to OVC, and prevent unnecessary separation
- Work with DSW and other stakeholders to explore linkages of families with existing social protection schemes to better provide after-care to reintegrated children
- Work with DSW and other stakeholders to develop strategies to support the transition of children ageing out of residential homes for children (RHCs) into independent living
- Work with DSW and other stakeholders to strengthen the capacity of social welfare workforce to advance and promote system-wide protective gate-keeping and reintegration in line with existing standards, SOPs and frameworks
- Support efforts to further strengthen linkages between communities, schools and clinics within an integrated referral network and case management system.
- Represent WEI in meetings with USAID, GoG and technical committees such as the Ghana Technical OVC Steering committee
- Monitor the implementation of work plan activities, manage and track budgets for social protection field activities
- Work with the technical team and partners to develop advocacy and public awareness campaigns to promote family based care and positive parenting
- Conduct site visits and spot checks to zones in tandem with other technical leads
- Liaise with the M&E team in tracking and reporting related targets
- Compile quarterly and annual progress reports and other strategic documentation, as needed.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Advanced degree in social work, health or other social service related degree plus a minimum of 8 years relevant working experience in management or senior role
- At least 5 years proven experience in the design, implementation and management of child protection programs, preferably under USAID programming
- Experience in stakeholder engagement with government, donors, civil society at senior levels of authority
- Experience in working with different stakeholders leading coordination efforts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the objectives, components and prior achievements of the Care Reform Initiative.
- Local Ghanaian candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit CV/resume and cover letter before May 17, 2021 via email to
copy [email protected].
Please add into the subject line of your email ‘OVC Care Specialist’
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/H/V/D.
We are also committed to Safeguarding and will apply all necessary measures and protocols to ensure compliance.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.