Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Assistant Laundry Manager – (Local Hire)
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the Laundry Manager in managing the day to day operations in order to meet business requirements with efficiency and effectiveness whilst ensuring the highest quality services to the Kempinski Standards. He / she supervises and controls all sections of laundry operations, which include all house laundry, guest and outside laundry as well as dry cleaning services. In the absence of the Laundry Manager, he/she is fully responsible for the management of the Laundry Department.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the laundry, dry cleaning to ensure optimum quality as per hotel standards. Uphold to current hotel policies and procedures and assist in developing standard operating procedures, as well as production and quality standards.
- Assist in scheduling working time, optimizing different work processes to ensure maximum level of staff performance are reached.
- Check all equipment constantly to ensure that machines are kept clean, properly maintained and in efficient working condition to aid on energy saving drive. Maintain follow up files of maintenance request, and make sure machines do not fall into disrepair.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping and F&B departments to ensure an adequate supply of linens and uniforms at all times.
- In conjunction with the Laundry Manager, identify the training needs, develop the training plan and get the approval of the Laundry Manager, conduct the training and follow up to ensure training needs have been addressed.
- Participates in the recruitment of new staff by screening and interviewing applicants, and in the management of Laundry Staff’s performance which includes appraising, coaching and discipline.
- Check and eliminate work and health hazards to personnel, check on safety and fire hazards, supervises cleanliness of laundry and dry cleaning areas.
- Accomplish administrative duties related to the position such as producing figures for the monthly production report, attending meetings, maintaining a daily log, etc.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Equivalent of a College Diploma in any related field such as Administration or Hotel Management
- 3 to 5 years experience in a laundry management position preferably in a four or five star hotel
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training
- Operational knowledge of laundry equipment (washing machine, dry-cleaner, pressing machine)
- Knowledge on how to clean different fabric materials
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Supervisory skills???????
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of Micros
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.