Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Maintenance Specialist – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance Specialist is accountable for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment are monitored and controlled to standard, through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Accountable for own safety, the safety of Supervisors (Duty of Care). The accountability extends to monitoring of contractors providing services to the Maintenance department. Report positive performance and concerns to the Superintendent: Mechanical Maintenance for action. Objective is zero injuries.
- Participate in development and review of operating procedures and risk assessments
- Contribute to achieving zero reportable environmental incidents
- Coordinate task allocation and monitor the quality of work by the Technicians, contractors and other service providers, follow up on the completion of tasks and projects by proving guidance, feedback, responding to questions and providing instructions on how to complete aspects of the work, within the boundaries described by the Manager
- Administer and resolve all technical maintenance issues
- Involve all capital improvement projects and organize various performance appraisals and recommend training programs as per requirement.
- Actively utilise SAP and the work management system to ensure maintenance work orders and defects are accurately recorded and information is correct and up-to-date
- Perform regular audit and resolve all safety control programs, and processing plant
- Efficiently train Maintenance supervisors and technicians and prepare all short/long term programs and ensure achievement of all objectives with required budget
- Collaborate with various departments to maintain mechanical integrity of all plant programs
- Analyze all equipment requirements and assist in requisition of all tools and equipment.
- Review and recommend improvements of all SOP procedures and perform troubleshoot on all plant activities and resolve all issues and assist facilities manager to implement all changes
- Liaise with supervisors to administer the maintenance of all process plant asset including Crushers, Conveyor Systems, Pumps, Pipe Work, SAG Mills, Ball Mill, Vibrating Screens & Feeders, Cranes & Hoists, Cyclones, Compressors, Blowers, tailings and all associated Tanks, Launders and Steelworks. The tasks involved in maintaining this equipment will include, but not necessarily be limited to, Welding, Painting, Grinding and Fitting.
- Supervise the installation of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment in compliance with relevant AGAG Standards.
- Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution.
- Monitor costs within the department so to keep within the allocated budget
- Assist in delivering engineering services to meet the standards and requirements of relevant governmental agencies.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Mechanical Engineering Technician III (20+ relevant experience); Degree or Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (12+relevant experience) or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- An experienced mechanical maintenance engineer with minimum 12 years’ relevant experience in, preferably Gold Process Plant maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC) and Plant Shutdown Maintenance
- Experience working in environments with noise, dust, elevated work areas, confined work areas, extremes of temperature, water, slurry
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Must possess Inspecting Engineer or Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body will be an advantage.
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- Support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Find innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.