Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
INZAG is a construction company founded in 2011, that aims to support the development of high-growth countries in Africa, through projects focused on infrastructure, water & sanitation, transportation and energy.
For our Ghana Branch in Accra we are looking for a full-time
Environmental & Social Specialist
- You will undertake environmental and social appraisal of proposed projects and assess them in terms of environmental and social risks.
- You will guide the formulation of appropriate mitigation measures and monitor their implementation during project construction and the operational stage.
- You will work closely with the project management and are involved with our partners, clients, consultants and local authorities.
- Whenever there is a need to improve our current environmental and social policy as well as assessment standards and procedures, you will contribute to developing them further.
- You will actively participate in the professional debate at a national and international level.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in natural or social sciences, ideally majoring in environmental and resource protection or a comparable qualification in environmental planning
- Familiar with Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD), Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS), Stakeholder Engagement Plan and Mitigation Hierarchy
- Several years of relevant international experience both in the analysis and assessment of environmental and social risks and impacts, preparation of ESIAs and ESDDs, both internationally and in an EU context
- Broad ESIA/ESDD experience, ideally profound experience in managing risks and impacts in one or more of the following specialty fields: biodiversity, resettlement, indigenous people and cultural heritage
- Proven experience in applying the standards and evaluation benchmarks of the World Bank Group (World Bank Safeguards, IFC Performance Standards, EHS Guidelines), the EU and the Equator Principles
- Fluent English and preferably excellent proficiency in another language (e.g. German, French, Spanish and/or Portuguese)
- Willingness to travel abroad to developing and emerging countries
- Pronounced ability to analyse, cooperate and be assertive, coupled with a willingness to get involved in new and diverse topics
Contact person: Daniel Fernandes
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.